Day 1: A-Troupe

*Rileys POV*
We walked through the hallways and into A studio,where we were about to find out who had made the team. I had never been so nervouse in my life and my hands were trembling. I didnt know why i was so nervouse,my sister kept telling me how great i had been. Miss Kate walked out of her office with a notebook in her hands. Everyone fell quiet as she began to talk.

"So..as you know,we couldnt let all of you into A-Troop. You were all fantastic and remember,if you didnt make the team you can always audition for B-Troop. Come and seem me after to find out more details on that..But now,lets announce the dancers who made it through!".

I looked around,some people looked as nervouse as me. People were twiddling there thumbs and playing with their hair. Then there was people like Emily,she didnt seem worried atall. I just hope she dosent get her hopes up...

"The 10 dancers in A-Troop are...Daniel,Stephanie, Giselle,James, Chloe,Eldon,West, Michelle, Riley and hunter."

I was shocked. Not so much that i got in,but the fact that my sister didnt. She has been dancing on A-Troop for 3 years and has been dance captain for 1 of those years. And now..she had been demoted. I was going into A-Troop and she wasnt...she was the reason i started dancing,she had helped me train,she had been the one to convince me to audition. And now it all felt pointless. I had 'replaced' her.

I wanted to smile,but i couldnt. I no-longer felt happy and the butterflies in my stomache reproduced rapidly. The look on Emilys face was torture and Steph didnt look pleased either.

Emily was lost for words,which was suprising. Usually she would have alot to say,but she couldnt say anything. I felt horrible for what i had done although it wasnt my fault...was it?

"Oh my..Em im so sorry" i said nervously. I didnt know if she was going to be angry or just act as though she didnt care.

She didnt say anything,she just kept her head held low. I pulled in for a hug but stumbled as she harshly pushed me away. She stormed off,Stephanie following behind. I felt the heat rise in my cheeks as i realised i had bumped into someone.

"O-oh..im so sorry" i turned around and said. He just smiled kindly.
"Its fine..congrats on making the team!" Daniel said and he hugged me. I was still in shock- in shock that i made the team and the shock that my sister didnt. I just hugged him back,trembling in his grip. I pulled away and pulled a little smile, but he had 'concerned' written all over his face.
"What did she say..?" He asked. I guessed he was talking about Em.
"..nothing..she didnt say anything" i mumbled quietly.

I knew she was hurting,and i couldnt blame her. I had been tempted to follow after her when she stormed out but i didnt. I knew things would be different.