Learning to live: wedding breakfast

Effie made everybody go in before me an peeta, we stood outside the huge double doors.

"What did your mum say?" Peeta asked squeezing my hand.

"We didn't really get to talk, just that she was sorry you know that sort of stuff" I sqouze back.

It felt right when ever peeta laced his fingers with mine.

"I'm sorry kat" he smiled apologetically.

"Sorry for what? I'm fine you know that" I told him.

"I know" he replied.

"Okay you ready?" Effie asked stepping out from the ballroom.

"Yep" me an peeta both said in unison.

I felt the hunger swell in my stomach.

"God I'm hungry" I whispered to peeta.

"Shush" peeta laughed.

"I can't help it"

"Well try" peeta replied laughing.

"will you two Stop it!" Effie silenced us.

"wait here" she said to us.

We stood in front of another set of doors.

"Ladies an gentlemen may I announce for the first time, mr an mrs peeta mellark" Effie spoke into a microphone clearly.

"Well we always did know how to make an entrance" peeta whispered to me.

everybody clapped as me an peeta walked over to our table.

Effie even made place cards at chairs so everybody knew where they were sitting.

"Well I couldn't of pulled all this off" I whispered to Johanna.

"everybody knows that hun" she whispered back.

I rolled my eyes at Johanna.

On our table it went, daisy, delly, thom, Pollux, Tammie, Effie, haymitch, gale, peeta, me, Johanna, Annie an Luca on the end in his high chair.

The waiters hurried round table by table delivering everybody's chosen starters. I picked the soup, peeta picked the prawns an I think everybody else chosen the salmon. I looked over to delly who looked unbelievably sick, thom eating her starter as well as his own. Not realising how hungry I actually was I wolfed down my soup, an my mouth watered at the thought of my main course. The waiters came back picking up empty plates. Replacing the empty glasses with full ones.

Johanna seemed to be drinking a lot.

"Jo?"

"Yeah"

"Are you okay?" I asked her.

"Fine" she answered knocking back the rest of her drink.

I just sighed leaving her to it.

Plates of chicken, steak, beef an fish entered the room making my mouth water even more. I had no idea why I was so hungry all of a sudden. Juicy steak in peppacorn source with roasted potatoes an sweet potato and steamed vegetables got lay I front of me.

after everybody had finished their mains Effie began the speeches.

"Well katniss,peeta, I sort of made a speech last night but I would like to make another one. I met you both when you were 17, both young strong an lovely people. I never ever thought I would be this close to you both. My two victors" she gave a little laugh. "I am so proud, so so proud of both of you, what you both have done an I was right in what I said the night before the quarter quell. I told you both you both deserve better an so much more an i feel you've both got that with each other an so much more. I know you're going to lead an amazing life filled with happiness, an I hope to be one of your friends for a long long time" she smiled at us. "I love you both so much" she raised her glass an all our Friends on other Tables did the same. I pulled Effie into a hug, my eyes welling up with happiness. "Thank you Effie" I said holding her tighter in a hug. "Thank you for all of this" I gestured around me.