Chapter Nineteen

Beginne am Anfang

+ + + 

Even with Hyejin's parents home, Dae Jung still hasn't left her side. Hyejin had moved to her room, wrapped in her blanket safely as she stared blankly at the space in front of her, in deep thought. 

Dae Jung was hurt to see her this way. To Dae Jung, Hyejin was that happy girl who never seemed to be caught feeling down or sad. This was too new for Dae Jung. He couldn't stand seeing someone so happy actually be lost in the dark. Even worse, alone. 

"Do you need something to drink? You haven't even touched your food," Dae Jung said, sitting at the very end of her bed, looking at her worriedly. 

Hyejin was indifferent to his concern. She only shook her head, assuring him, "I think I'll survive if I skip one meal. I won't die from it, Dae Jung."

"I know that, but what I'm afraid if the fact that you'll keep this up and eventually starve yourself. Hyejin, you need to calm down a little and stop worrying so much," Dae Jung said, hoping it'd help her. 

Hyejin understood the heart of her best friend. She knew that he was worried for her, but she couldn't help but think about Dino instead. Was he doing okay? Was he doing better than she was? She was in no place to worry about someone else, yet that was exactly what she was found doing. 

"Hyejin." Dae Jung moved closer to her so that he was able to put a hand over her hand. "Please do what Ms. Jang says, okay? Don't go on the Internet. Don't even check your Wattpad. Just stay in your comfort zone. Somewhere where you can't get hurt."

How could Hyejiin do that? She wanted to find out if Dino was doing alright and the only way was to find it through the Internet. She was too afraid to text him on her own. Although, she knew that he probably sent a text to her. She chose to ignore it, however. She was too afraid. 

"Hyejin? Promise me right now. Please."

Hyejin looked up and met his eyes before she nodded softly. "I'll try."

"Don't try, Hyejin. I need assurance. Tell me you won't." Dae Jung was doing his best to be a better best friend. 

"Okay, okay." Hyejin admitted defeat. "I won't. Okay? I don't want to Google anything either... I don't want to know what they're saying."

"Good." Dae Jung leaned in closer to give his best friend a hug. "Now, please, get some rest and take your mind off everything."

Hyejin couldn't promise, though. "Okay. Head home safely, Dae Jung. Don't get attacked by reporters or anything."

"I'll be fine. After all, I think a police officer will escort me home. It's crazy outside your apartment, you know?" Dae Jung meant that as a joke, but after seeing Hyejin's facial expression, he quickly cleared his throat. "I'll arrive home safely, so don't worry about me. Worry about yourself. I'll be going now. I'll come back tomorrow morning to check on you."

"You don't have to."

"And leave you dealing with all of these things alone? Now that wouldn't seem nice of me." Dae Jung pulled her bedroom door open and gave her a warm smile. "I'll see you tomorrow, Hwan Hyejin."

"Okay," Hyejin soullessly answered in return, giving him a half wave. 

Dae Jung was satisfied enough with her wave and finally left the room, closing the door behind him. 

Although Hyejin promised herself she would stay somewhere in her comfort zone, she still wondered about Dino and how he was doing. So she found herself grabbing her laptop—she wasn't going to use her phone because she was afraid that Dino would have texted her about something she didn't want to see—to check. 

There were so many news about it. Different videos, different articles, so many comments with both good and bad words. 

Wow, Hwan Hyejin climbed up to fame and date her idol? Unbelievable. 

A fan dating her idol? That sounds just like a fanfiction! When can it happen to me? T-T

i don't know whether this is true or not... but the video makes me think it's real. dino oppa! you said you'd stay single for me... 

I don't know what to believe. There's so many different truths. 

as long as it's not wonwoo oppa hehe

If they're really dating, I'm happy... even if I'm sad because Hwan Hyejin would never look at me... as long as she's happy, then I'm happy :)

THAT'S IT, I OFFICIALLY DON'T LIKE HWAN HYEJIN. I LIKED HER BECAUSE HER STORY MADE IT FEEL LIKE I WAS THE ONE WHO FELL IN LOVE WITH DINO BUT NOW THIS?!??! I'M NOT YOUR FAN ANYMORE HWAN HYEJIN 

After that last comment, Hyejin felt discouraged to read any more comments. She shut off her laptop and shoved it aside, hiding even deeper in her blanket. Her heart was beating heavily, unable to get the hate comment out of her head. 

No... don't think too much about it. It doesn't mean much. Just forget about it for now, Hwan Hyejin, Hyejin told herself, diving deeper in her blanket. 

Like Hyejin reminded herself everyday, she shouldn't be bothered by any hate comments she received. After all, she has never done anything directly to hurt them, so why were they? It would seem idiotic to let them affect her. 

Hyejin could hear her phone ringing nearby her bed, and it was playing a distinctive ringtone which only one contact in her entire contact book has. That's right. It was Dino himself who was calling her at the very moment. 

Hyejin was too scared to even take a glance at her phone, so she decided to just let it play on until Dino eventually gets tired and stops calling her. Why was she calling her? Was it to tell her that he doesn't want anything to do with her anymore? At the very thought, Hyejin was already near tears. 

"Let's be strangers from now on. I'll delete your contact and we'll never talk to each other ever again. Deal?" 

Was it going to be something around those lines? Hyejin didn't want to think too far of it. For all she knew, it was probably something worst. 

Well, congratulations, Hwan Hyejin. Not only did you put yourself in a situation you'd never want to be in, but you've always dragged SEVENTEEN down with you. How does it feel now to have your idols hate you?

~Author's Notes~

Another short chapter, oh gosh. This isn't good :(

 This isn't good :(