Chapter Thirteen

Syn didn't know where to start looking for Four

Syn didn't know where to start looking for Four. She wandered all over Dauntless, but didn't find anything. She was worried to what Jeanine was going to do to Four, and she wanted to save him before anything worse begins to happen. Brittani was off doing what she needed with Eric which made Syn by herself. She was okay with that too, since it wouldn't be the first time she would be alone. She could protect herself from more danger than you can think of.

After walking for a while Syn finally found a place that she thought would be best to look in after the rest of the places were empty. She was in the top faction, Candor, where all the top of the top leaders were residing. She found herself at a suspicious door and snuck her way inside, and what she found blew her mind.

Four was sitting strapped into a chair with cords hooked all through his arm. Computers surrounded him with a bunch of different serums pumping into his arms. The look on his face seemed focused, and angry, and he didn't even acknowledge the exist of Syn standing in the corner. But Jeanine did.

"Please come in" she began as she walked around the corner. The other room was filled with a bunch of members of her party her were staring at monitors with all the Dauntless members pushing around Abnegation. "How the hell are you still alive?" She asked, "I'm quite surprised you made your way through my team." Jeanine looked Syn in disgust.
"What are you doing to him?" Syn changed the subject, slowing walking towards Four.
"What needs to be done" was all she said.
Syn walked up to Four and gently shook him, trying to grab his attention. "Four!" She spoke loudly at him, but he didn't budge.
"It won't work" Jeanine started, "You can yell at him all you want. But he is under my control." She fussed but her the evil behind her smile was seeping through. Her thumb hovered over a button that her hand grasped so tightly. But in seconds she pressed the button, making Four quickly stand up from his chair grab Syn's wrist with power behind it.
"Since the job wasn't done right the first time. Tobias Eaton, kill her." Jeanine ordered and stood back in the other room which was just a few steps away. Four pulled her around and held Syn in a choke hold. Syn struggled to breathe, his strong arm embracing her neck, but she wasn't about to give her life up. She nudged her arm into his abdomen and broke free from his grasp by kicking him in the stomach with her boot.

Four fell back and right through one of the computer stands. This only made him angrier. Four stood up and charged for Syn, but She reacted quickly and grabbed his arm, managing to swing him around into a tough grasp. "FOUR" she yelled, but he only grabbed at her waist to throw her on the ground. Syn quickly reversed his move and backflipped in his arms, pushing him up against the wall holding her hand to his throat. "FOUR" she growled at him once more, just hoping she could get through to him. His face was empty, like there was nothing there. Four roughly pushed Syn off of him, knocking her into the other computer stand. She coughed up blood, there fight was starting to get brutal. Four picked up a small hand gun and hovered over Syn, pinning her down to the ground with his free hand. Syn felt like she lost him, her heart slowing breaking. "Not this time" she hissed and grabbed the barrel of the gun in her hand. "I'm not losing you" Syn pulled her legs to her knees and kicked Four right off of her, knocking him flat on the ground. She tore the gun from his hands and stood over him, the gun pointing in the middle of his forehead. "Four" she began talking only to him, where only he could hear her soft spoken voice. "If you don't knock out of this I'm killing every last soul in this room alone. And then I'll kill everyone else I see. Innocent people are going to die. And I'm going to leave as the victor" she smirked to herself, her insanity slowly peaking through just enough knock Four back into his normal self. He finally realized where he was, he was becoming conscience of his reality. He remained in his position, but shot a wink at Syn. She let out a soft sigh of relief. Now she was ready to fight. Syn looked up and took a quick shot at the leader right under Jeanine.
"Whoops" Syn shrugged and her and Four jumped up and ran into the other room, shooting out all of the other members except for Jeanine, leaving her the alone one left. Jeanine was close to the main computer, and she about pressed a big red button that would initiate a disaster, but before she could Syn flipped around and threw a knife right into the palm of her hand against the computer screen. Jeanine screamed in pain, and Four walked over to her, holding her at gun point.
"Kill the program" Four ordered her. Watching on the screens as Abnegation members were being lined up and forced against a wall. "KILL IT" he yelled at her. For once, Jeanine might have been afraid because she slowly pulled the plug on the main computer causing all the others to shut down.
"That's not enough for me" Syn said and started shooting out all of the electronics in the room. Finally, after everything was destroyed, Syn walked over to where Four and Jeanine were standing and she held up the gun right to her face. "Now it's your turn." But she didn't do it, she only slowly lowered her gun. "Actually no. I'm going to let you live, and see how everything you have ever worked for has failed." Syn just giggled "You failed, Jeanine! Let's go Four, I'm hungry" Syn took her hand and lead him out of the door, leaving Jeanine to roll in her sorrows.