Three Weeks in Three Days (Part Three)

Start from the beginning

"It's just not enough."

"(y/n) where's this coming from?" Yang asked, taking a seat next to you on the couch.

"Just look at you Yang. Look at the person you are. You can make friends with just about anyone, you're funny, you're beautiful, and you're just... so great... I don't even know how I can describe you and how you make me feel; you're just amazing..."

You took a deep sigh before continuing.

"You could have anyone you want and probably have guys lining up so they could be with you. Out of everyone... you picked me. I'm not a huntsman, I can't give you the life of adventure and excitement that you want, I wanted a life like that as well. I'm just some guy who works in the family store, pretty boring when compared to all the guys at Beacon; any of them would be lucky to have you as a girlfriend. And because I can't give you that life... and if I don't give everything else more than one hundred percent... then I'm just not good enough."

There it was. The moment you told her about feeling unworthy to be her boyfriend. Everything up to that moment, every second you spent with her, all of that happened because of Yang. You would've never worked up the courage to ask her out, or even ask her for a dance the night you first met; all because you thought there were better people than you she could choose from.

"Don't say that." Yang chided. "Everything you just, never say that again."

You tried to respond to her only to be cut off.

"You're right; I had plenty of guys coming up and asking me out before I met you and, for a while, after I began dating you. I've no shortage of guys coming up to me, showing off and trying to impress me, and then there's you. For a while all I knew about you was from Ivan telling stories about the things you got up to... and I thought you were a lot like him. Loud, wanting to be the centre of attention, that's just what I thought his best friend would be like; but you weren't. I wanted to know the person who was in those funny stories, which is why I came over to you that night and asked you to dance with me. I had a fun time with you and I wanted to have more."

She stood up from her spot to face you directly.

"Sure, I love being a huntress, and I want to go out and get caught up in as many adventures as I can. But I don't need you or anyone else to give that to me."

"Then why do you want to be with me?"

"Because you're not like any of the guys that are always hitting on me. You're a nice person to be around, I have fun with you, and you make me happy, and you don't have to be huntsman to do any of that. Don't worry yourself about all of that and just be my boyfriend..."

She gestured for you to stand up, which did after a brief second of hesitation. One hand reached to the back of your head and pushed it towards her until your forehead rested against her own.

"... Don't ever think you're not good enough for me." she spoke softly.

Your own arms went around her waist and pulled her in so your lips could connect. You had wanted to avoid this moment all together and just enjoy whatever time you had with her, feeling that Yang would one day get bored of you, but she didn't. At that moment you were told that you had no reason to worry and Yang's words made everything you felt for her skyrocketed in an instant. There was only one way you could put it.

"Yang..." you said quietly once the kiss broke. "... I love you."

A quiet gasp escaped her, followed by a warm smile.

"You said it." Yang smiled.

"Yeah. I did."

"I love you too." Yang responded.