CHAPTER TWENTY FOUR: The Jashin Symbol

Start from the beginning

"She knew about the massacre, she knew it was going to happen," Kakashi muttered lowly, yet Hyori immediately snapped her eyes at him.

"How could she possibly know about that?" she raised an eyebrow.

"Unless it was planned," Kazuki placed a hand on his chin.

"Planned?" Hyori scoffed. "How could somebody plan something like that?" She hugged herself. "That's awful!"

"It doesn't work like that..." Kakashi sighed. "Hanako's dreams are sometimes premonitions of what might happen in the future, an ability she refers to as Essence. That's what she told me."

"An ability?" Takeshi looked at the Jounin with surprise.

Kazuki scoffed. "Of course...Hanako never ceases to surprise us with something new."

However, Hyori didn't seem to be too happy. She gritted her teeth and clenched her fists. "Are there any other abilities I need to know about?" she asked.

Kakashi looked at her. "Why?"

"Uchiha Hanako has always been a step in front of me. But I don't want to be the one left behind anymore. I have been training my Mokuton, I have new jutsu she has never seen before." Hyori smirked. "Next time I fight Hanako, I'm going to definitely win." She chuckled. "I guess that's almost the only way we can actually talk to each other, when we fight."

"What are you planning?" Takeshi raised an eyebrow.

"Maybe," Hyori smiled to herself. "If I defeat her in a fight, she'll have no other option than to tell us her story."

Kazuki nodded. "That might actually work."

Takeshi sighed in thanks. "Finally, someone has a real plan."

"Well, and how do you plan to defeat Hanako, if I may know?" Kakashi asked the brunette. Hyori looked at him with a mischievous smirk.

"You have worked with her, so you know about her current abilities. I don't really need to know much since it wouldn't be fair for her, but I do need to know how to fight the Sharingan." Hyori came to stand right in front of the silver haired Jounin, and she bowed before him. "Kakashi-san, please train me on how to counter the Sharingan!"

Kakashi looked at the girl bowing in front of him and sighed. He himself probably wouldn't be the best option to train her on it, but he knew someone who could. 'I really didn't mean to ask him this but... at this moment there weren't any more options.' "All right," Hyori straightened up and looked at him with gleaming eyes. "I will train you."

"YES!" Hyori jumped and hurried towards the door. Kazuki snapped at her.

"Hyori, wait!"

"We begin tomorrow morning! See you at 5 a.m. on the training grounds, don't be late!" And she disappeared from sight. Kazuki went right after her.

Takeshi looked at the door from which the two Chuunin disappeared . "Is there something bothering you?" Kakashi asked while staring at the young man.

Takeshi took a deep breath. "No, nothing. I was just leaving." Kakashi remained silent as he watched him go. At that moment there was an ANBU standing at his window.

"Can I help you?" Kakashi turned sideways towards the Shinobi.

"The Hokage wants to see you immediately, Kakashi-san." The Jounin narrowed his eyes. What could the Hokage want that late at night?

"I'm on my way."

* * *

"You wanted to see me?" Hanako looked over her shoulder at the teen. Kai had gotten there earlier than she had expected. She had wanted to have some alone time with herself before meeting him, but it was better that way to get it over with.