(19) Day 21-22. A Note

Start from the beginning

I felt that elation the entire day, especially when during second session as Poe was passing back assignments and one of mine had a note attached to it. 

The small note was pinned to the uppermost corner of my paper. I looked around and no one could see me. 

My fingers fumbled while opening the note and finally I could read the neat, small scrawl that belonged to Poe. 

'Meet for the session tonight.

But don't worry. No studying.'

I focused on controlling my facial features and looked up. Poe was across the room, helping a student. His head turned backwards and his dark eyes found me. A knowing half-smile was spread across his face. He turned back. 

I put the note in my pocket and continued on with my day. 

I had to stop myself from running to Poe's classroom after dinner for our not-studying session.

"Hey, Akai." He greeted, standing to meet me at the door. We began walking towards the ladder that lead to the roof. I felt his hand gently graze my lower back. 

"Hey." I spoke, still shy, suddenly thinking about how I'd sneaked him into my room the other night. 

We ascended the ladder and once we got past the small talk we were emerged in a simple silence that wasn't awkward. Poe and I were just alone, gazing at the stars, getting closer. 

"Can I ask you a personal question?" Poe broke the quiet. I looked at him and nodded. 

"Why did you break curfew with that guy?" He didn't sound angry -- just curious. 

I bit my lip and looked first at his chest, and then up at him. I knew I was going to tell the truth.

"I thought if I liked him then I would stop liking you." 

Poe's eyebrows and lips raised in pleasant surprise. "Really?" 

"Yes!" I laughed, and Poe's smile only grew. 

"Well I'm glad to hear it didn't work." Poe looked back at the stars, smiling; however, my mouth fell into a frown at the memory of what happened that night. 

When Poe looked at me, he immediately said, "I'm sorry. I worded that wrong. I meant I'm glad you still are interested in me."

I nodded understandingly. "I know, it just sucks."

"Akai, I want to ask you about something else." I looked at him expectantly and he continued, "Locke said you threw him across the room without touching him . . . Is that true?" 

"Yes." I shortly admitted, looking down at my lap and instantly feeling on edge. I still didn't know how I did that to Locke.

"It's only questionable because you did nearly the same thing to me the first time I . . . made an unwanted advance." Poe sounded unashamed. 

"I don't know what it is, really." I admitted, looking at Poe. I knew worry was clearly displayed on my features. 

"I know, I trust you. I just want to figure it out. It sounds like . . . Like something I know of, and it'd be crazy if you had it." Poe said, and I frowned. 

"What?" I asked in confusion. 

Poe shook his head and pushed his lips together for a moment. "Akai, it seems like the Force, but I can't be sure. I don't know about, like . . . Untrained Force outbursts. When you get anxious. That's what it seems like to me." 

My eyes widened and I looked away from Poe. 

Me? The Force? No way. I am way too ordinary to have the Force, I thought, shaking my head. 

"Who are your parents? That might give us a clue if that's what it is." Poe questioned after a moment of silence. 

Coldness swept over my chest. 

"I'm not sure." I whispered, looking up to Poe. His eyebrows flew upwards. "Really? You don't?" 

I shook my head. Poe leaned back. 

"Wow. I won't tell anyone, so don't worry." Poe assured me, and I didn't reply. 

Then a thought popped into my mind. "Are you going to have to go away for a few days? Statura is my guardian, and he says the First Order is getting closer." 

Poe slowly nodded. "Probably. I think I'm going to be sent out on an investigation. They're nearing us so we can't take any chances. Why?" 

I breathed heavily. "I don't know. I just . . . Don't want things between us to end, I guess." 

"You're worried?" Poe asked, scooting closer to me. I nodded ashamedly. 

"Hey! Don't be. What we have . . ." I began talking before he could resume after he paused. 

"What do we have?" I looked directly into his cocoa eyes and refused to break contact. 

His face was leaning closer and I could smell his masculine sweet scent. His furrowed eyebrows, soft rosy lips, and sexy tan skin were almost overwhelming.

"I'll be whatever you want us to be as long as it keeps going." He muttered seductively, his lips less than an inch away from mine now. 

Then we were kissing, and he smelled so savory, and my hands were clutching his lean biceps, and his hands were roping through my hair, and then I was laying flat on my back. 

Poe was over me, our lips passionately pressing against each others. One of my hands ran through his thick, jet-black hair, and it was so soft, much to my ecstatic surprise. 

His predatory lips detached from mine and began snaking their way along my jawline, down my neck, and to the top of my chest. Poe was moving so quickly, and then he stopped entirely. 

I raised my head to look at him only to find that his mature, deep, bronze eyes were looking to me. 

All while making eye contact, Poe's fingers reached upwards and began to tug the neckline of my shirt lower; the skin between my breasts was revealed. 

"Can I kiss here?" He murmured, looking straight into my eyes. I paused, and not to deliberate -- to be shocked. 

I forced my head to bob up and down. Poe lowered his chin so he could press his lips to the tender skin in the middle of my midsection. He was gentle and placed repeated kisses all up and down the canal of soft surface.

His lips would sometimes move to the side, reaching just where my body began to curve, but then he would fall more downwards. Finally, one of his hands reached up to accompany his lips and he took a gentle, but firm and commanding, hold on one of my breasts. 

Occasionally Poe would come up to my head to kiss my lips for a few moments while letting his hands roam. 

All in all, I had melted in his touch, and I was entirely Poe's. 

*****

I woke up the next day and rushed through breakfast to get to the classroom. I was too excited to see Poe after our special night before. 

We hadn't progressed to do much more -- that continued for a while, and then Poe had backed away. "I'll see you tomorrow," He had told me as he walked me out of his classroom. 

Poe wasn't in his room when he entered, however. When I reached my cockpit I saw a note stuck to the desk. I peeled off the paper and opened the message. 

'Got sent on a work mission. First Order's pretty close. I'm going to be okay and I'll see you soon.'

I didn't need a sender or signature to know who the note was from and who it was meant for. My eyes gazed for an excessive time at the handwriting, absorbing all of the sharp curves and low swoops. 

So Poe was gone. I figuratively deflated and sighed. 

I trusted him when he said he'd be okay, but I couldn't help worrying a tad. A different professor walked in and began teaching, and I focused intensely. 

Little did I know what Poe had in mind for when he returned. 

_____