Chapter 5

Kiko felt a scratchy sensation in her throat. She and the Teams are going to the BBQ place.

As soon as they arrived, Kiko excused herself, "Excuse me. I-I need to use the restroom."

She quickly went to the restroom and started coughing.

Kiko opened up her purse and took many pills.

She placed the containers back into the hidden pocket of her purse, and hurried out. They weren't allowed to bring their weapons pouch which is the bad part.

_____

Two women watched her walk out of the restroom.

"Hey, that was a lot of pills she took.. Is she alright?" Woman 1 asked Woman 2.

Woman 2 nodded, "Yeah.. Especially at such a young age.."

_____

Kiko sat in her seat in between Kiba and Naruto.

_____

After they ate BBQ, everyone headed home.

Kiba noticed something off about Kiko. She had brought a purse, yet she didn't need it. Plus, she wasn't wearing anything fancy.

He followed her slightly, until Kiko spoke, "Why are you following me?"

"Why'd you bring a purse?" Kiba asked her.

Kiko tensed, "N-Nothing. Now scram, mutt."

Kiba walked up to her and snatched it.

"Hey!!" Kiko shouted and tried to reach it.

She knocked over Kiba as he opened the secret pocket he sniffed out

The pill containers dropped onto the ground.

Kiko quickly collected the containers, hoping Kiba hadn't seen anything.

"Kiko are you sick or something?!" Kiba shouted. Kiko's hair shadowed over her eyes.

Kiba took her by the shoulders, "Hey! Answer me!"

Kiko snapped.

"I am okay!? I'm going to die in 2 years!! What does it matter to you anyways!?! YOU SHOULD BE HAPPY WHEN I DIE! After all... I'm a freak to you!" Kiko shouted  and ran off, taking the purse and pills.

_____

Kiba clenched his fists.

He really wished that Akamaru was here now. Kiba had sent him home early with a note that said he would be home late.

Kiba raced towards Kiko's house.

_____

Kiko sat on the roof of her house, unaware of Kiba.

"I'm going to die. Why'd I tell him?  Now he's going to dance on my grave. Not what I wanted." Kiko spoke outloud.

Kiba clenched his fists tighter.

Kiko slammed her fists onto her lap, "D*** it!! Why'd I have to live!? Why'd I have to be sick!? Why'd I have to be  a ninja!?"

Kiba watched her silently, ignoring his bleeding knuckles.

"I wish I'd just... Just... I wish I'd just die!!" Kiko shouted to the sky.

_____

The next day Kiko sat in her bed.

There were no missions, so she didn't need to do anything that day.

Someone  knocked on her door.