“But I guess it doesn’t even matter…” She’s slowly tearing her eyes away from me.

“…you don’t love me the way I love you…” I was pulling myself together and pushing it towards her, but my body doesn’t move. ‘No, don’t mess this up now Mina.’

“…and you made that pretty damn clear last night.” There was venom in her voice. She looks away from me and head towards the door. “I guess I’ll just see you around.” She says softly as she reaches for the door knob.

And that’s when I felt the world stop. I felt scared. Panic build up on me. Seeing her back facing me, I knew that if I don’t do something, then I will forever lose my chance with her. I will forever lose the chance of being happy with her by my side. So I gathered all my courage and my strength and rushed to her.

I hooked my left arm onto her shoulders while I snaked my right arms onto her waist hugging her. Tightly, ever so tightly ‘cause if I don’t I’m afraid that she might get away.

“No… don’t go… please stay… stay with me.” I said between sobs, and I let my tears fall onto her shoulder. I placed my face nearer to her ears so that she’s the only one who’ll be able to hear. My most selfish desire. My desire to be with her.

“I lied… when I told you that I don’t like you… I lied and I’m sorry….” She moves her hand and pushes the door, closing it again. We continued to stand there with me hugging her from behind.

“I was a coward. I was stupid. I tried so hard to hide all my feelings for you, and I ended up being blinded with the feelings you have for me. I’ve hurt you, and thought wrongly of you…

…but I want to make it up to you. I won’t hide my feelings anymore. I’ll show you just how much you mean to me, every waking second that I have. That is, if you’d let me.”

Suddenly I felt her arms remove mine as she slowly turn towards me. She held my face between her hands and wiped my tears away.

“You coward, stupid little penguin.”

She finally smiled after saying that. That’s when I knew I already won.

Then I felt my heart beat again as I say the next words that I have long tried not to say. It may be long overdue, and a bit anti-climatic. But it’s real, it’s raw, it’s right, and this time I’m not afraid anymore.

“I’m in love with you too, Chaeng.”

I enveloped her in a hug as I drunk myself in her scent. In turn, she nuzzled her face closer to my neck, her nose touching my collar bone, making all my hair stand up as she breathes. Then she whispered.

“So is that like your way of asking me to be your girlfriend… or am I just assuming things?” She asked me and laughed. It made me blush and I became a little embarrassed. I just hugged her tighter and nodded my head so that she won’t see my face.

But she managed to make me release her, revealing my face that I was so shy to let her see. But she just stared lovingly at me and held my hand.

“Then I guess I should treat my cute, little penguin girlfriend out to lunch?” She offered while giving me that ever so perfect smile of hers.

I wake up today feeling a little weird. I felt a lot happier, livelier, better. That is maybe because of a cute, little cub softly snoring beside me.

Her head rests on my shoulder as she lay her arm on my waist. Our feet are tangled up, and her face is on the crook of my neck, which I think is her favourite part of my body. She stirs a bit, and I rubbed her back to soothe her. This gesture made her body move closer to mine, her face inched further making her lips touch my neck. I don’t feel my shoulders and arms anymore, but I swear this is the best morning in my entire life and I don’t mind waking up everyday to be welcomed by this.