She stopped walking making me stop also. She tugged on my arm, and I faced her. She was looking straight into my eyes.

“You had a girlfriend. What does that have to do with me?” She sound offended. But her face still look calm.

“I thought you would hate me if you knew about it.” I looked down, slightly embarrassed. “You hated Jungyeon right?”

“I never said that unnie. It’s just difficult for me to accept the idea of “unconventional love”, but I never hated her, you. But now, it’s becoming easier for me to understand all of it. Thanks to you actually.”

She started walking again, dragging me in the process. After what she said, the burden I’m feeling in my chest was completely lifted. I continued to look down. Just staring at both our feet walking, our steps in synch. And after a long while I found myself smiling genuinely again.

The moment we arrived in front of her house, she hugged me tight. I almost didn’t want to let go. I miss her. I miss this.

I decided to be the one to break it, afraid that I might not be able to let go. However, just before I un-wrap my arms around her I was able to whisper the thing I wasn’t able to tell her these past few weeks.

“I miss you too, Chaeng.”

After that night, everything went back to normal. We resumed with the club activities and surprisingly, Jungyeon and Chae started talking again. It made me really happy. We even started to hang out a bit more often than before, sometimes even with Sana, Momo and Jung.

Mark also visited us again, and I treat him the meal that I promised him before. I got to see the clingy Chaeng once again, except this time it’s not directed to me.

Everything is perfect again. Like everything is in its proper place and nothing’s wrong. Except for a single, tiny detail. A small glitch in the system. A bug. A bug that needs to be obliterated...

Except it’s not a bug...

It’s actually a butterfly...

Thousands of butterflies even. Those God’s creation, however perfect they may be, that needs to be killed. Since they still flutter inside my tummy everytime I see her...

Evertytime I see Chaeng, I feel those thousand butterflies playing around inside of me, and I wish they didn’t...

I wish everything is perfect and that I didn’t feel like this towards Chaeng...

I wish I don’t love her this way, but I do...

And I can’t do anything about it.
*****

“Mina chan!”

My head immediately snapped to where the voice came from, and I saw a small cub grinning. She looks like an idiot so I can’t help but smile back.

“What do you want?”

“You going home already?”

“Yep.”

She rushed her steps to catch up with me. When we were already walking side by side she reached out for my hand again as if it’s the most normal thing to do.

“Let’s go home together Mina chan…

…but accompany me first, I need to buy something. I promise I’ll be quick and it’s just near, and….”