When they see me approaching, Yana is immediately alert. I raise my eyebrows as Chika-san, while carrying Kira-san, increases her speed and leaves Yana behind to join other teammates walking in front of them. Namihana Daiya and Ishikawa Seichiro who are supposed to guard the Shion family also make themselves disappear.

Yana, for whatever reason, cries for them to come back. To not abandon her alone with me.

He~ey. What is that supposed to mean? How do you want me to take that, hu~uh? I glomp Yana as a show of my protest. She doesn't come to me, so I will go to her! It's such an easy theory.

But still, to be vehemently rejected... That can make me feel somewhat low-spirited. Actually, I have been a little low-spirited since the battle. I think, the regret which lingers within me causes me to feel down. Even though I know my decisions were not entirely wrong, Tora-nii doesn't blame me for it too, however...

I complain a bit to Yana, asking her to spoil me to make me feel better. A pat on the head is a-OK, but since Yana hasn't figured that out, I keep nagging her. I do have to remind her that I have acrophobia, so that kind of comfort is a big No-No.

Distracted, my mind drifts to the dream I had on the first night Yana was unconscious. It was not a pleasant dream... Or should I call it the memory of the scene I saw on the day? It causes me to wonder whether they had people who were waiting for them to come home. Those people I wasn't able to save...

Mom and Dad, they are waiting for me, aren't they?

In that state of mind... Or rather, I think I am no longer in my right mind. It is why I can do something unexpected. Such as... I know, it is not a challenge from Yana, but for me to kiss her...! As my answer to the question: "Do you like me?" Yana returns to me...!

I join Yana as she drops to the ground from sheer shock and embarrassment. I can't believe I did that! I did that! I did it! I did it! What does it mean for me to kiss her on the lips?!?!

W-

Wh-

Wha-

Wha---ah!!

So, I like Yana?

Is this a way for someone to realise their feeling...?

The emergence of that guy cools me down greatly. My face still feels warm, and I can't quite look at Yana, but I can use the spite I have for Shion Karasuma to lift my head up and stand proudly. After inhaling deeply, to prepare my heart, body, and mind, I offer Yana a hand.

I actually have no idea why I am doing anything, right now. I just feel it's right to do it, and so I do it. I try to give a smile to assure Yana, to ease the awkwardness and to encourage her to face what is to come now that we are reaching Kanri-cho, but my face refuses to cooperate with my intention. My face spasms and the smile comes out as cramped.

I privately mourn for my dignity, which tends to be nonexistent around Yana anyway, and then resigns myself to Yana. I will just follow her lead. Of course, I am totally neglecting the guy who is hovering behind us. He will not let either me or Yana forget him though.

This guy, instead of hanging around here, go find your wife and daughter! Trying to act familiar, as Kaitou the Phantom Thief who worked for Uncle Lapace before, he must know a lot about my family. For what reason he is persistently trying to get close to me?

I do my best to guard Yana against all sides, Shion Karasuma behind, Chika-san beside, and Kanri-cho's crowd in front. It is hard work. Asking for Corona's assistance is futile, because they aren't responding well. They are dreading something, I sense.