Division Tactics I

"When you go to slice yourself, let me know so I don't accidentally watch." I said, scooting away. "(Y/N), are you afraid of blood? One wouldn't think because all you play as far as video games go are violent ones." I looked at Mark sharply. "That's not real blood." I said. He shrugged. "Just a bit weird to me. Anyway, I'll turn away. You're welcome." "Thanks." I said. Mark had told me he was bringing Dark about today and I just had to see him. It's been over a week since he's been gone and I hate it. I miss that little fucker. "Alright, I'm doing it." he said, turning. I turned the opposite way and closed my eyes tightly. I heard the blade flick out, but nothing more. "Oh fuck." I mumbled, thinking about how badly it would hurt to slice myself. I shuddered. "Done." he said. I opened my eyes and took a few deep breaths. "How long does this take?" "Not long. My blood is already starting to do that thing on the floor..." "That thing?" "You don't want anything to do with blood, so I'm not gonna describe it." I nodded and kept waiting. "Hi." I heard Mark say. I turned around to see my friend standing in front of Mark. "Hi. Got the book?" Dark asked taking a seat beside Mark. "(Y/N)..." he said, looking at me. I all but dove onto the floor to be at his side. He pulled me in close and nuzzled me. He noticed my sadness and promised me he'd find a way out. "I don't like you being gone." I said. "I don't like being gone either...but I have to be right now. Don't worry...it'll be fine." he turned to Mark, still holding onto me. "Find something in that disorganized mass of text that tells me how to get rid of these fuckheads." he said. I felt useless just sitting there wrapped around his body, but I had no idea what else to do. Mark flipped through the pages quickly not seeing anything useful. "I'm not seeing anything." he said. "Nothing?" Dark asked, perplexed. "There has to be something." Mark handed him the book and he rifled through the pages rapidly, searching for answers. "Here's something." he said, staring to read. He snickered, closing the book. "That's all I needed." he said. "You figured it out?" I think so. "Bring me back around tomorrow morning...say around 9." Mark thought about that. "I should have some free time then. I'll see you then. Are you sure you're okay?" "I'm fine. Just not happy about this whole thing. It'll be over soon. I'd venture to say I'll be back to my old life in about a week." I sure hoped he was right. I held onto his arm tightly. "(Y/N), come on...it's alright. You're gonna break my arm." I loosened my grip. "I just don't wat you to go." I said. "You think I want to? I have to for now. I'll be back tomorrow morning...come by again if you can." I sighed. "Later." I said, getting up and leaving. I couldn't watch him go, not like that. 

DARK

I exchanged looks with Mark. "She'll be okay." he said. I knew that. "Still don't like making her feel that way." I said, getting up and preparing to leave. "Are you sure this is going to work?" "No. But it should." I said. I was only being honest. "I miss you being up here even though we've all but gone our own ways." I felt the same. "Look, I've gotta get down there and start working on things. This is no easy feat..." Mark nodded to me and I disappeared in front of him, coming to rest on my feet in the demon realm for a change. The only way to permanently get rid of Anti is to have him replaced. That in and of itself is a borderline impossibility. Regardless of him being a total fucking skidmark on society's drawers, he does not even begin to meet the criteria for being replaced. I never did on my worst day as a kid. It's hard to be that shitty at your job...but there are ways to give the impression of shittiness. As for Abraxas, I'd have to get him to surrender his immortality. There's only one way to do that: a match of powers. If he wins, he keeps his immortality and I lose my humanization. If I win, he loses his immortality and I can do with that whatever I wish. I'd gladly rip his head off with my bare hands. I'm not above that. I have to go after Anti first. He's the one who started this whole fucking mess, so it's only fair that he gets punished first. I don't have a large window of time to work with, the sooner I act, the better. I have to make him look so inexplicably bad that he gets replaced...the only way I can think to do that is to fuck with Sean...through Mark. I have the perfect plan.