1

Alex P.O.V.

I woke up on a metal bed there were wires all connected to my arm, eye, and leg. Fully charged. What was that? Sliding off the table I stepped on my new leg. I then put my left leg down and stood up. Instantly pain shot up my leg and I fell over screaming in agony.

A.I.: "It appears that we will have to choose. Cut it off or let it heal and it heals wrong. Well?

Alex: "Cut it off"

A.I.: "Are you positive?"

Alex: "Yes, cut it at the same place as the other."

A.I.: "Okay."

The machine buzzed to life and the saw blade progressed towards me I winced as it sliced into my leg. The pain was immediately cut off as the metal was injected into my blood. They slid another robot part onto the stump.

A.I.: "The fingers on your left hand are just casts that are flexible by the way."

Good to know.

Le skip of time!

Five months later.

My fingers had healed by now but the scaring was massive on them. My thoughts were interrupted by the A.I.

A.I.:"You have been in rehabilitation for five months now! You need to get out!"

Alex: "Fine since you don't want me I'll move into that house now!"

A.I.: "I didn't mean it like that"

Alex: "I don't care that's how it came out"

I walked out of the room and grabbed my few belongings two wedding rings my fathers dog tags and a simple jade necklace. I slid these items on and walking out I noticed that the meter on my arm was red.

Alex: "Crap! Now of all times you need a charge?"

Walking back into the house I went to the universal printer. Selecting nuclear batteries I printed 100 of the little things. It was a quick build so it only took like fifty seconds for the first batch. Grabbing the first three I slid them into my arm I felt the power surge.

Alex: "Feels exhilarating"

???: "You should be dead" a voice like the wind said "Just like us!"

Alex: "Get out of my head!"

???: "No, we like it here"

Alex: "Gotta go bye!"

???: "Wait what?"

I was smiling like an idiot as I heard the voices' reaction. I ran as far as I could and as fast as I could. That is currently 150 mph. My lungs felt like they were on fire. I slammed on my mask (below)

Alex: "God gotta remember to wear this when I run"

After thirty seconds my breathing regulated. I had run a full loop. There was a car waiting for me. I hoped in and it  was a long ride it was approximately 8 hours.  I looked around and saw I was at my new house it was big. Like mansion big. I walked up to the door.

???: "Hold up your hand"

Alex: "Whoa cool!"

I said as I held up my hand the door unlocked and I saw inside. There were hundreds of arms and legs. I thought about why I would need so many.