xiii

early update -yikes,, really early- bc I'm bored

Day Thirteen

Seven is depressed- more than usual. His heart actually aches because what started out as a joke has turned to real emotions. He actually cared for the cat. And now that he will never be able to cuddle into her soft fur or swing her around again has made him feel worse.

Seeing Seven like this hurts. God, imagine the pain you would feel for Jumin, if watching Seven was this bad.

He blames himself. He beats himself up for it. Despite the amount of times you told him that it was your fault and not his, he would just stare into space, looking at nothing, feeling nothing.

"Oh my God," you whisper, covering your mouth with both hands. "This- this did not just happen."

"E-Elly?" Seven says, slowly inching towards her. You look away.

Then you hear crying.

You don't realize that it's you sobbing until you feel Luciel gently grab you by the shoulders and wraps his arms around you. Burying your face into his chest, the tears don't stop. Why am I crying?

"Shh, [y/n]. I-it's okay," he whispers into your hair. He tries to comfort you, and you appreciate it, but you can't believe what just happened. You're in shock.

"I-it's all my fault," you say into his shirt, voice slightly cracking. "I- I should've watched her...better, I just..."

"It's not your fault, [y/n]," Seven says, slowing tracing circles on your back. "It's mine. I shouldn't have com-"

"I invited you! I- I invited you, Seven. I should have e-either not invited you, or prevent her escape or something. Oh my God."

"[y/n]... you didn't know this would happen. Don't blame yourself." He gently pushes your shoulders back and cups your cheeks, wiping away the tears with his thumb. Him comforting you is oddly working, and you're thankful he's here. But if he wasn't, this wouldn't have happened in the first place.

"I sh-shouldn't have... God, I'm so stupid."

"All you did was invite me, [y/n]. There's no harm-"

"I have a boyfriend, Luciel! O-one who I love very much and who loves me," you exclaim, and for some reason, you can't stop the tears. His hands still hold your face affectionately, but once you said that, he immediately removes them and anxiously rubs his neck.

"I-isn't that kinda irrelevant, though? It's not like you're cheati-"

"I might as well be," you mumble, avoiding his wide eyes. Being with Luciel right now -being with him ever- is always somehow...enjoyable. More enjoyable than you'd like to admit.

"W-what is that suppose to mean?" He then starts awkwardly laughing. "I-it's not like we have feelings for each other or-or something. Haha, how ridiculous."

You stay silent.

"Y-you can't possibly... what?" he breathes out, studying your face. He's searching for any kind of hint that you could feel the same as he. He's praying for that hint. "[y/n]?"

"I-I don't know, Seven. I just...I need to go."

Taking one last look at Elizabeth Third, you walk quickly to Jumin's, rubbing your eyes to rid of any traces of you crying.

Then when you got there, you cried some more.

What the hell was that? What was that...hesitation you had? You want to slap yourself.

Did I just give him false hope?

But, you didn't mean to. You honestly have no idea what to feel anymore, and Elly dying has made everything worse. For the first time, you are dreading Jumin's return.

You feel so guilty. Seven holding you in his arms made you feel safe, and you're ashamed of how you felt while you were with him. It was almost as if after his confession you actually started seeing him in a different light.

But, there's Jumin. He is to return in a few hours. But, it will be well passed midnight, a new day. You hope it turns out to be better than this one.

You didn't know Elly for long, but she was important to Jumin, and Jumin was -is- important to you. For you, it wasn't mourning her; it was mourning for Jumin's loss.

You can't bear the thought of him knowing that his precious cat is gone. Him hurting hurts you, and knowing he will be home soon kills you. How will you explain the situation? He will surely be distraught.

He wasn't.