"So when did you realize that taking a complete stranger that was drunk to you apartment was a bad idea?"

"Once he was in the apartment," Selena said quietly knowing that Demi would give her a piece of her mind.

"Oh my gosh, Selena! Really!? He could've attacked you once you were alone in the apartment; not to mention what he can do now, now that he knows where you live! This New York City, Sel, you can't just pick up a stranger and nurse then back to health. You're not in Kansas anymore."

"I know, Demi. I know." Selena agreed and noticed the relation between what Demi had said and what was said in The Wizard of Oz. Selena had actually lived in Kansas for 5 years before moving to New York half a year ago.

"Okay, whatever at least you did take a picture..." Demi added not wanting Selena to feel bad.

"I had Ian keep an eye on him," Selena continued.

Demi raised her eye brow and right about when she was going to say something the secretary announced, "Ms. Gomez and Ms. Lovato?"

Both of their heads turned towards the voice and they got up straightening themselves.

"Mr. Anderson will see you now."

Demi and Selena walked towards the office guided by the secretary. Both young ladies were co-owners of a growing fashion label where Selena designed the clothes and Demi designed the shoes and jewelry. They both worked excellent together but Demi had always been the assertive one while Selena sat back agreeing with everything she said because she was always right.

They were both greeted by a middle aged man that was somewhat attractive if you looked past his comb over and growing beer belly. They shook his hands, introduced themselves and Demi started off talking about business.

This man would determine if they could have an accountant that help them out with the fabrics and materials they could use for the line. Of course they knew that the man would be happy to have another client but the price needed to be negotiated. Demi was great at math but she needed help when the numbers got too big and things were being multiplied then divided and then added by other things.

Unfortunately, Mr. Anderson was not very happy, his assistant had recently quit and he hadn't gotten his coffee right by any of the interns for the past week. Apparently his secretary was too busy with paper work that she couldn't get anything.

Selena suddenly had a thought; if I volunteer to go get the coffee he might be grateful enough to give us a discount or something...and Demi is the one who's going to be talking most of the time anyway...

"Mr. Anderson," Selena interrupted, "I could go get you your coffee...it wouldn't be a problem at all. The meeting wouldn't have to be halted either because I'm positive that anything Demi agrees on I would agree on too."

Demi gave her a confused look but Selena mouthed, "It's okay."

"If it isn't too much of a hassle..." Mr. Anderson protested but in his voice you could hear how happy he was.

"It's no problem and no hassle whatsoever," Selena said as she handed the portfolio to Demi and repositioned her bag on her shoulder; she smiled, "I will be back as soon as possible."

"Just two sugars please...from the Starbucks down the street!" He shouted as Selena walked out quickly.

❄❄

Selena tapped her foot impatiently as she watched waited in line. There was like four people in line but they were training a new barista that didn't know how any of the levers worked.

"Someone really needs to get their coffee fix huh?" a voice from behind her chuckled.

Selena turned around and her breath stocked when she noticed the same brown eyes she saw yesterday.

"Uh...yeah," She said awkwardly. Did he recognize her? Did he follow her? Selena saw the line move and she thanked for the bigger separation between them-even if it was just for a couple of seconds.

OH MY GOSH What I he followed me?! Selena sweated.

Nick wanted to continue to this beautiful woman but she didn't seem interested. Did he smell bad? He DID take a quick shower but apparently the stench from last night was still there. He thought he had seen a modern goddess when he saw her with her tight pink skirt and long brown hair. He was even more astonished to see her big eyes and her pink pout when she turned around.

He moved his body towards her to keep the line moving and continued.

"Uhh...I didn't mean to impose or anything. I just saw you and wanted to start a conversation," Nick apologized.

Selena had one person in front of her and she decided that he had not recognized her and he wasn't being creepy so he hadn't followed her. So she felt bad so she apologized too, "No, I'm sorry it's just I have to get this to a client and well it's been taking forever," she said her head turned to him.

"It seems that your wait is done," Nick smiled as he watched her smile and order the coffee.

He noticed that she had only gotten one simple coffee and when she opened her wallet to find $2.25 she only found one dollar.

Selena's heart broke slightly. How the hell was she supposed to pay for the stupid coffee...all the money she had was spent on her breakfast in the morning and her commute to Mr. Anderson's office and getting a cad with the guy behind her. Her shoulders fell as she sighed but suddenly she felt a warm hand on the small of her back sending a shock down her spine.

"I got it," Nick smiled as he swiped his card and the cashier asked for her name.

Selena debated whether to give her name or Mr. Anderson's.

"Selena," She finalized thinking that when Mr. Anderson would look at the coffee he would remember how kind she was to go and get him the coffee.

Nick smiled as he heard her name. He ordered his coffee and was happy that he would have a little bit of time to talk to her while waiting to get it. He looked around for her but she was gone. Nick sighed hoping that he would see her again. He hoped destiny was real.