Chapter 2 : Terrible bowler

Lexis's POV

Living in a house with strangers was still really odd, but studying abroad was the only way for me to get the hell away from my parents's house. They kept telling me what to do and what to say and who to be friends with, and when I came out to then as a fucking gay sixteen years old , they said that it's a phase, or that I'm just bi-curious. It has been more than eleven years since Canada legalized same sex marriage, which led a lot of Canadians to dump their stupid homophobic thoughts. But obviously, my dear parents will never change their mind. And that's the reson I used to have those ongoing battles in my mind on whether to come out or not, I knew that not everyone would accept me for the way I am, but the idea that even my parents wouldn't be there for me and would judge me never crossed my mind. Unlike my homophobic parents ,my host family didn't care much about my sexuality, saying that they support love in all of it's expressions.

Simon is cool to be around, we hung out the weekend before school started and got to know each other. He is quite outgoing which I really liked about him, and he's one of the nicest people I met in my life, so he quickly became like a little brother to me. We were rewatching the Harry Potter movies, and eating popcorn when suddenly the bell rang. " Are you expecting anyone? " I asked out of curiosity before he stood up. " Nope. "
When Simon oppened the door, I was surprised to see Albie and Brennet coming in. " Hey dudes, what's up ? " Brennet said jumping on the couch and lying beside me. " what are you watching? " " Harry Potter." I replied rolling my eyes after he put his feet on top of my thight.
" Hi Lexis." Albie said standing behind me while he was giving me a gentel squeeze on my shoulders. " Err... Hey you." I said awkwardly trying to stop the moan that was about to escape my mouth over the amazing pleasure his touch was giving me. " So, Albie and I came here to ask if you guys wanna go bowling with us. " " Yesss " Simon screamed excited jumping up and down like someone who have just won the lottery. " No thanks " I declined shaking my haid. Simon's wide smile faded and it was replaced by a questioning look.
" Come on, it would be cool. " Brennet said still lying beside me on the couch. "
" But I'm a terrible bowler. Actually, the last time I went bowling was when I was twelve. " I said running a hand through my hair. " I will teach you, let's go" Albie offered guiding me toward the door.
" Are you any good? " I asked curiously, " Yeah, kind of " He said smirking.

Albie's POV

" That was a perfect shot " Lexis said rolling his eyes. " Ow yeah? " I asked biting my lower lip, " Kind of good doesn't mean a professional bowler, you know that right? " he said running a hand through his hair, a thing which I noticed he does a lot and which I found really hot. " Come on, it's your turn  " He looked at me with hesitation, " C'mon Lexis just aim at the middle " Brennet uttered a little bit too loudly for my liking which earned him a glare from me. He gave me a puzzled look and I rolled my eyes then grabbed Lexis by his waist slowly dragging my right hand to the hand he was holding the ball with. I felt him relax under my touch. " Hold your hand straight while you swing the ball out and back " I guided his hand in a slow motion which fastened little by little, "Okey, as the ball comes forward, release it onto the lane when it reaches your ankle, and keep your hand straight and palm up the entire time. " I said breathing softly on his neck, then he released the ball. His shot wasn't perfect but it was good for 'a terrible bowler '.
" Ow my fucking god, did you see that! the ball didn't roll off toward the fucking gutters " Lexis screamed cheerfully " You still have a lot to learn buddy, and since when did Canadians become so freaking colorful " Simon said laughing his ass off over Lexis's sudden happiness.
Lexis's smile made my heart warm, seeing him happy awakened something inside my stomach. I turned my head, only to see a familiar face. Memories from the past started running in my head, and somehow I coud still remember her smile.