Photo 1.

The year is 1993, and Sissy and her 12 year old son Brandon are in California while his father is stationed in Dubai. This story will be based on Sissy's memories and all memories will be italicized! Each story will begin with a photo.

My son Brandon and I head into the attic with our cleaning supplies and shut the attic door behind us, the dust causing him to cough dramatically.

"Mom we couldn't find another day to clean out the attic? Like a school day?" Brandon whines.

I shoot him a grin, "and miss all that education? Are you crazy? Nope, let's just get it out the way now so we won't have to do it during summer break when your dad gets back home." I smile tossing him a pair of gloves.

He and I began cleaning up, sweeping the dust from the floor and moving boxes from one side to the next, before Brandon begins digging through the boxes. It doesn't take much to grab a 12 year olds attention.

I groan from lifting a fairly heavy box and turn to see Brandon sitting on a trunk of old clothes looking through a book. I stand placing my hand on my hips, "Thanks for the help." I say sarcastically. "What are you doing?" I ask.

"Looking at this book full of pictures of Michael Jackson.. where'd you get these mom?" He asked in awe.

I sigh, "I took them." I smile, scooting Brandon over for room to sit.

"No you didn't!" He chuckles, scrunching his nose at me.

"I did! You don't believe me?" I laugh.

He smirks, shaking his head. I scoff, flipping through the pages to find a photo of the two of them together for proof. "He's actually your Godfather.. not a great one but..." I mutter still searching.

"Mom there's no way you can convince me I met Michael Jackson! And he's my Godfather?? I don't believe you." He says crossing his arms before I finally find the picture.

"Aha!" I smirked, pressing my finger against the over developed photo. "Here you are with Michael.. only about 2 weeks old."

Brandon's mouth dropped, his eyes widened

Brandon's mouth dropped, his eyes widened. "Well how come I don't remember him!"

"Your dad had you until you were about 7 because I did a lot of traveling with Michael and you were too young for that." I grin.

I honestly remember the day Michael held Brandon for the first time.

1981

Michael knocks quietly at my front door as I open with a smile, "hey!" I whisper, motioning him in. "He's just sleeping now but come on in." I grin.

"Sorry it took so long to get here, I'm working on my album and I was right in the middle of a song when you called me! I had to finish it." Michael smiles sitting on the couch opposite me.

"It's fine, I know it's a big deal, especially after Off the Wall did so well. Trust me, I get it. He's only 2 weeks, you haven't missed much" I giggle.

"Have you been resting? I know it's hard sleeping with a newborn." He asks.

"No." I laugh, "I won't be able to rest until his dad comes and grabs him. Leo should be home soon. He'll be so glad to see you." I add.

Just as I spoke his name, the love of my life Leo walks in, loudly shutting the door behind him, Causing Michael and I to wince.

"Babe!" I whine heading upstairs to grab Brandon out the crib before his small whimpers turned to wails.

"Sorry.." he sighs before spotting Michael, "it's so hard having a baby in the house. Takes some getting used to." He chuckles "how are you mike?!" Wrapping an arm around him.

"I'm great, congratulations on the baby. You might be in trouble she said she just put him to sleep." Michael laughs.

I walk downstairs, bouncing Brandon on my chest to shush him before handing him over to Leo with a chuckle and pecking his cheek. "Welcome home Babe."

Leo holds him awkwardly bouncing him as well, "Cmon Brandon, daddy's sorry. I didn't mean to wake you up...Please stop crying." He whines causing me to giggle.

To no avail was Leo able to get Brandon to stop crying before Michael decided to intervene. "You mind?" He asked, his arms outstretched.

"Please." Leo said handing him over.

Almost immediately, Brandon's crying subsides slowly. "Michael the baby whisperer." Leo laughs, "unbelievable"

"He's always been the baby whisperer." I smile, looking through my small closet to grab my camera.

"My brothers have kids so I just learn from them." He smiles, "oh God a photo? Right now Sissy?" He laughs before I snap it.

•••

"So I just stopped crying??" Brandon asked staring at the picture.

"You sure did, you're father had no idea how to get you stop crying.. but somehow Mike did it." I grin.

"Wow. That's so cool! Can I take this picture to school and show my friends?" He asked.

"Well let's keep looking you might see something else!" I smile flipping the page.