I Gave Up A World For You- Alexander/ Sage

***PLEASE DON'T FORGET TO VOTE AND COMMENT!***

FROM MY STORY: THE LAST SORCERESS

I GAVE UP A WORLD FOR YOU - ALEXANDER / SAGE

Note: The Last Sorceress isn’t finished yet on Wattpad. This is just a one-shot of Alexander and Sage. It does not affect the story in any way. It is only based on the characters but the story is a different matter.

February 14, 2014 (After the Great War of Aether)
The High Palace
City of Aerion, Aether

This is it.

Finally.

I took in a deep breath and touched the pearls that were woven intricately into my hair. It’s a nervous habit and right now my nerves were eating me alive. Small segments of my hair were braided and this was where the pearls were threaded. Then the mass of my hair was piled on top of my head. Some strands curled loosely to frame my face and my neck.

When I was through touching all the pearls and it wasn’t time yet, I transferred my attention to my beautifully embroidered gown. The design was superb! It was the color lavender to represent my kingdom, Maegi. It did not have the traditional long, bell sleeves I was accustomed to during my time.

Now, the sleeves were made of five thin straps of cloth that hung off my shoulder. The bodice dipped low to my breasts and the collar was beautifully embroidered with dragons. I had a silver belt that dangled low on my hips and on the center of that belt was the High King’s Seal. Then, my skirt fell to the floor and it had a very long train.

I peeled off my elbow length gloves a bit so I could gaze at the crescent mark on my forearm. Right now, it was blazing blue. But I didn’t need the color to know how Alexander felt. I felt it deep inside me for we were connected in a whole new level: he was the other half of my soul.

I snapped into attention when the wide doors before me swung open.

I quickly placed back my gloves and accepted the bouquet of flowers that one of the servants held out for me.

I was ready just as the music started to play.

I pasted a smile on my face and started to walk. I did the mistake of looking around. My breath hitched as I saw all those that were gathered here today to witness this event.

There were faeries, centaurs, dragons now in their human form and many more! The High Palace’s great hall was overflowing with guests!

My step faltered for I was suddenly very nervous. How can I do this?

“Easy. Do not think of them. Think of only me.”

I heard the High King’s voice inside my head and it sent a wave of calm over me. He was right. I had to think of only him. This event was for the two of us. It was us that was important. All the others were just guests here to witness the event.

I took a deep breath and then released it. Then I looked up and stared straight ahead.

That was when our eyes met. His blue eyes stared at me and I could see all of his emotions shining in them. I saw his love, his excitement and his nervousness. I smiled when I saw that he was feeling the same emotions as me; he was just handling it better.