[Five]

I shouldn't say it, but I'm starting to think I care

~ Hold me (Tom Odell)

(Unedited)
{Clary}

"I still have no idea why you're coming." I tell him, examining my winged eyeliner in the hall mirror and watching him get ready in the reflection behind me.
"Charming." The slips his worn leather jacket on and stands behind me adjusting the collar of his blue shirt, he smells incredible, some kind of spicy aftershave I don't remember him having before and looks even better. I take my lipstick and focus on painting my lips red rather than follow him with my eyes. He could be incredibly distracting.

"Is that new?" I ask, heading to the bathroom to blot my lips with some toilet paper and giving myself one last look over in the mirror. I looked pretty hot tonight if i did say so myself and I'd caught Jace sneaking glances at me when he thought i wasn't looking. He wasn't always as slick as he liked to think.

"Is what new?" He asks from the living room as if he has no idea what I'm referring to and slides his boots on just as a car horn sounds downstairs. Our cab turned up quicker than i had expected it to but we were at least more or less ready.

"The aftershave you're wearing?" I slip my heels on and grab my purse not waiting for him as I leave the apartment, we were leaving from his anyway and i can hear him following close behind me with his keys jangling in his hand.

"No, I just don't wear it often." His voice echoes through the hallway and his footsteps sound behind me, he catches up, slipping an arm around my waist and pulls me against him, burying his head in the crook of my neck and plants a kiss there. He's feeling unusually playful this evening and I'm ashamed to admit I squeal in delight.

"Is this new?" He's smirking as he lets go of me a little but keeps his hands on my waist "Yes actually." I admit, dragging myself away from him and head outside and wave to the cab driver letting him know we're coming. 
"Did you buy it just for me?" He opens the cab door for me and I laugh, sliding inside and fastening my seatbelt.
"Don't flatter yourself Herondale." My turn to smirk, he matches it.

"Pandemonium please." He tells the driver, a grey haired man in his fifties maybe with way too many lines on his face. He drives off, it's not a long journey to the club thankfully.

"Who's all going tonight?" I ask, tugging my dress further down my thighs and he watches the action before his eyes come back to my face. We still hadn't really touched since last week. Our schedules didn't always match up and one of us was always exhausted when we got home from work.

"Everyone." Is all he has to say, everyone usually consisted of Me, Simon, Isabelle, Magnus, Alec and of course Jace. So far it sounds like a good night as long as Magnus keeps his mouth shut.

Jace sighs audibly
"We really need to start going to other clubs." He slouches in his seat a little, making himself comfortable.
"Like where, Seelie?" I laugh as he scrunches his face up at me because he knew what i was doing.