Explanations

"Tristan?" I spat his name with disgust and astonishment. "But-but your my-my brother. Why do you want my inheritance when you have your own?"
"Questions,questions. Always questions. Well, I guess I have a lot of explaining to do then." he gripped the arm rests of my chair as I felt his warm breath against my goose-pimpled skin. "You were 2 years old when your parents got involved with the C-U-R-V:Criminal Unit of Recruiting Violators. This organization dealt with sifting through every criminal and picking the perfect one to do a little- shall we say - job for them. Your parents were only there so that they could unearth some secrets and report back to MI8 of what they found.
To keep it simple, they were found out. But, in doing so, they had been paid by the CURV to do work for them; this was work that they never did. They were, quite stupidly, always paid in advance and almost always, they would find who they had to kill and tell them to run and stay hidden. One day, a person that they told to run was too bold to believe that they could be found and murdered so they stayed where they were and the CURV found out.
You father ran to protect you. He was never found. Your mother, on the other hand, refused to hide and faced us head on. She was killed - I won't give you the details. You and your sister were left." I opened my mouth to declare that I had none when he stared me down to shut me up. "My father was bold and the head of his unit and ordered me to look after you and your sister until the inheritance came through. Your sister was taken by social services but I managed to keep hold of you, Alice. That day that I told you to go, it was so that my unit could take you and that you would still hold your trust in your dear, adoptive brother. You ran too far, further than I could have imagined. You sister is dead as I killed her myself. We only needed one of you. My blade pierced her heart." He paused as though his story was not yet at an end even though it was obvious that it was. Alice was my sister. That explained why we looked so alike.
"Why did we have the same names?" I asked, pretty sure that Tristan knew I had figured it out.
"It's quite simple. You didn't. She was named Penelope. She was undercover so that she could make sure that you were safe; we had already tracked and traced her so she needed to be with you so that you were safe." David answered my question as Tristan wandered slowly toward Riley's petrified face. You couldn't hate David, no matter who he was or had been.
"I have a few questions for you, Alice. Why did you run so far? And why did you run with him?" He gave a gesture toward Riley and our scared eyes held each other's gaze for a split second. I couldn't hesitate or Riley's life would pay for all of my mistakes. I also couldn't say anything or Riley would know how I felt.
"Well, you told me to run and so I did. As for Riley, I was lonely and he was there, willing to run with me. Amy more questions?" I sighed with relief as the first few arrows had been shot and narrowly swerved. But the deadly syringe in Tristan's hand made its way ever closer to Riley's delicate skin.
"Yes, actually. Haha. Who is your father?" He grinned. He knew i had no idea.
"That isn't even fair. You know I don't know." I frowned as well as Riley making a face of apprehension. 
"Come on Alice. Don't lie." The sly smile only got wider. Riley winced as the needle made contact with his skin and the liquid was released. Gray dyed itself into his skin.
"BUT I'M NOT LYING!" I yelled, exasperation filling my drying voice. He only smiled wider as Riley grounded louder and his eyes rolled into the back of his head.
"RILEY!" I screamed. I knew he wasn't dead but he was unconscious and that was enough to set me off. "YOU MONSTER! I HATE YOU! I HATE ALL OF YOU BASTARDS!" The fever was setting in again as my leg throbbed in agony. This was torture but seeing Riley hurt was just even more painful - like death. David unstrapped me and dragged me, kicking and screaming, out of the door, Riley's body in tow.
As soon as the cell door was slammed shut, a message blew out over the intercom speaker: "Alice, one more shot and he will die. You and him are coming tomorrow to the gardens for your execution. Both of you. A few shots and that will be the end of you too. I don't need you for the money." he slimy voice dripped itself into my ears. I felt woozy and I knew my leg was bad. That on top of all the stress was enough to allow my head to crack onto the hard floor and my eyes to droop shut and sanity to leave me...