She had fit right into our group, and her and Ally had hit it off right away. Which had bothered me a bit in the start, nearly to the point where I was jealous of their connection. I had been used to it being Ally and me for so long. But, considering how I had grown closer to Dinah my jealousy calmed down eventually. It actually turned out that the four of us fit even better together.

Back to reality, I gulped to get rid of the lump forming in my throat. Obviously, they were waiting for an answer. And just like with Dinah,  I knew there was no point trying to lie. Especially not to Ally.

Inhaling a full breath of air, I tried to downplay everything that had happened this morning. Cautiously, I explained how I had hit Lauren with my locker door. Especially revealing the way she had stared and mumbled at me before running off.

I could literally watch their eyes widen, and there was no surprise that Dinah was the first to speak up, "Lauren Jauregui?!" She stated loudly. I instinctively jumped at the loud mentioning of her name and slammed my hand in front of her mouth.

"Shh, Dinah! Are you insane? She might be around, and then we'll all be dead." I hissed scoldingly.

Dinah nodded her head unconvincingly, my hand still covering her mouth. I narrowed my eyes, trying to read her smug expression. It wasn't until I felt wetness in the palm of my hand that I quickly withdrew my hand, offering her a shocked look.

"Dinah Jane!" I yelped, examining the drool glistening on my skin with disbelief. "Did you seriously  lick my hand?" I complained disapprovingly, glaring at her before wiping my hand on her jeans.

"It's my drool, I don't care." Dinah shrugged and we all laughed at her nonchalance. Unfortunately, there was one not paying any attention. Ally was looking between a mixture of thoughtful and worried.

"Are you okay, Ally?" I questioned knowingly, noticing the way she flickered her gaze around nervously.

"Oh, yeah." Ally uttered and fixated her gaze at me. "Just worried now that Vero has another reason to make my life terrible." She gulped with tears brimming in her eyes. I leaned over the table, rubbing my friend's arm comfortingly. The guilt was eating me up from the inside.

"Don't worry about it, Allycat. Besides, it's me they'll be after. I'm the one knocking out Queen B," I joked, trying to lighten the heavy atmosphere. She nodded weakly to my attempted joke. A sad smile still traced her lips.

How much I trusted my own words, I wasn't sure of yet. But, as the minutes passed and the canteen filled with students, I was calming down severely. That was however until I felt strangely observed. I slowly averted my gaze from my friends, and was soon met with Lauren's green eyes staring at me with confusion written all over her face. She didn't budge for one second, and instead held my gaze for a few seconnds before offering a shy smile that sent unexpected shiver through my body.

-

Lauren's POV

By lunch all the fuzz about starting school again dimmed down and as usual we sat at our regular table, listening to Veronicas's rant about how her math teacher, who had demanded her phone during class because she had answered a very important message. To be honest all I heard after that was meaningless words that flowed unnoticed by me.

However, someone shouting my name was certainly more interesting and when I swung my head to the call I watched another familiar girl. Dinah Jane Hansen, one of those girls who never seemed to lack any confidence in what she did. Perhaps it was because she was so tall that no one could have hurt her. I could have had a chance if we ever got into a verbal argument, but I would be doomed if anything physical ever happened. I discreetly looked her way, recognizing the girl in front of her with mixed feelings, Camila.