Two Assassins

They stood back to back, weapons at the ready. Yuki Ousaku with her twin swords, Mikaela Murakami with her special daggers. They were working in perfect sync, downing vampire after vampire, in a desperate attempt to reach their true goal. A noble. It was only the second mission the two teenagers had been on officially, and they had already been assigned one of the toughest known vampire nobles out there - Crowley Eusford - and his two showy assistants - Chess and Horn. The two wielded their weapons expertly, each of them protecting the others blind spots. They weren't from Japan. They were from Australia, a far away country still affected by the apocalypse. Even their weapons were foreign. They were, however, much more powerful than the black demon series. They possessed blades with fractions of the devils soul. These were extremely rare, even where they were from. None but them had those weapons, after all, the best soldiers deserved the best weapons.

Soon all of the lower class vampires were lying dead on the floor. The girls didn't give them a second glance, before walking calmly towards the bi-haired noble. He seemed genuinely impressed. He grinned at the two.
"I'm surprised. Didn't think a couple of teenage girls would be able to slaughter several troupes of first class soldiers." He taunted. Mikaela only rolled her eyes. Yuki however, decided this was a good time to let out some of her natural sass.
"I thought they would be a lot tougher than that. I mean, come one, they were supposed to be first class soldiers?" She shook her head. "If your best soldiers are like that, I can only imagine how terribly easily we will beat all you nobles!"
Mikaela proceeded to smack her comrade in the head, hard.
"Really Yuki? Right now? How did you get into the army, let alone one of the two best soldiers!" She exclaimed. Luckily, the noble didn't seem to be fazed by the sassy girls rudeness. In fact, he grinned even more.
"Ah. You two are quite amusing, and quite powerful." He gave a sincere look. "What a shame I'm going to have to kill you!" He smiled and snapped his fingers. Before they knew it, the two girls were once again surrounded by vampire soldiers.

"We should have been more careful. It's so much easier when we're sneaking around." The slightly older girl sighed, glaring at her dark haired counterpart, who was looking at the surrounding blood-suckers with a look of pure joy painted clearly on her face.
"Are you kidding? This is going fantastic! We just have to slaughter a dozen or so vampires, no biggie!" Yuki replied ecstatically, already lifting her two glowing purple swords and swinging them around the two, keeping the vampires a safe distance from them.
"Fine. We'll kill enough to make our escape, then we go back to how we usually do things." Mikaela said, narrowing her pale blue eyes in annoyance. The other girl let out a whoop.
"Yaaas! I love being an assassin! But it is nice to have a real battle sometimes!" She said, her purple eyes still alight with excitement. Her comrade sighed. She swore, Yuki is so weird sometimes.

The battle didn't last long. After a minute, the two girls were bolting through the woods, sprinting far ahead of the dazed vampires.
"Yay! That. Was. AWESOME!" The younger girl yelled out, throwing her hands in the air as she ran. Mikaela sighed. Sometimes Yuki was too much to put up with. After a while, the two slowed down, so they were merely walking, as they believed they were quite far away from the vampires. They walked in silence. Then Yuki jumped in front of Mikaela and began walking backwards.
"Mika-senpai." She said happily. "Maybe I should try and snipe them down from above the trees!" She suggested. The older girl sighed.
"I swear, for a 15 year old, you still act as though you are 5." She muttered sarcastically. Sometimes, she just needed a break from Yuki's constant rambling.
"Yeah? That's cause I am 5! Secretly, in my heart, so don't tell anyone!" The over-excitable girl replied, flipping her hair over her shoulder and sticking her tongue out. The older girl took no notice of what she said, but instead noticed something new.