Chapter 1: Those Kingsley Kids

Picture of Anabelle on the side>>>>>>>

Chapter 1: Those Kingsley Kids

Unedited

"Good morning mom, dad", I say as I walk through the kitchen to grab a granola bar. They both turn their heads and look at me.

"Hey honey, you heading off to school", my dad asks me as my mom smiles my way. I take a bite out of my granola bar and nod my head.

"Yeah, I have work right after school today so I won't be home until later tonight", I say to them grabbing my bag from off the floor and walking to the front door.

"Be careful walking to school honey", I hear my mom yell before I close the door all the way.

I walk to school everyday because my parents can't get me my own car. They offer me rides to and from school but I don't want them wasting gas. We only have one car, my dad drives my mom to work and then he drives to work. I work hard in school so that I can get a scholarship to go to college. If I can't get a scholarship I'll probably just end up going to community college.

When I get to school I walk through the doors to only see a few people. Not a lot of people go to this school because most of the teens go to Kingsley High School. The few people here at Gerard High School can't afford Kingsley.

"Hey AnaBelle", I hear my close friend Tasha say behind me. I quickly turn  around and look at her smiling. Tasha has short brown hair and she's really pretty. To be honest I don't know what I would do without her, she's my best friend and she understands me. Were pretty much in the same situation due to her being poor and me being poor.

"Hey Tasha", I say hugging her as she hugs me back. We begin walking down the small hall together.

"Are you working at the diner tonight", she asks as we walk into our classroom. I nod my head.

"Yeah, I won't get off until late. Laney isn't coming so I have to take her shift", I say rolling my eyes. Laney is another friend of ours, but she doesn't go to school she just works.

"Ok, I'm going to stop by so I can see you", she says to me. Before I can respond our teacher walks into the class and begins teaching.

The teachers at this school even suck. Most of the guy teachers are creeps who stare us girls down like their lives depend on it. Sometimes the teachers don't even teach us, they just sit there and do nothing.

When school ends I head straight to the diner, it isn't to far away from my school. Once I get there I'm greeted by all the people who work here. All of them are so nice to me.

"Hey AnaBelle, how was school", Gina asks me as she stands behind the counter. I shrug a little while smiling at her.

"Same old same old. Mr. Greene didn't even teach today, he went to sleep", I say chuckling a little bit as I walk behind the counter to where she is. I grab my apron and put it around my waist. I grab a pen and notepad from the counter and put it in the small pockets of the apron.

After an hour the place is filled with a lot of people. I've waited a lot of people since I've been here and I'm a little tired, but I still have a few hours to go. I here a ding from the door and I look over to see some teens about my age walk in laughing together. I see that their wearing the Kingsley School Uniforms and I roll my eyes.

"Belle, you've been requested", Gina says laughing as she points to the old man smiling my way. Mr. Unis, he comes here every night and he always requests me. I take out my notepad and pen as I walk to his table smiling at him.