Dizzy Times and a Shocking Crisis

Start from the beginning

He shrugs, trying to act normal. "I heard her say it was him." Why do people keep asking him that question?

"Weren't you way over there?" She inquires, tilting her head in the direction that Lucas was standing earlier with Mason.

"Yeah." He says simply.

"Can you hear Jerica now?" Lena asks out of curiosity. There's no longer a tease going on since she's genuinely interested.

"I don't know... isn't she too far away?" Lucas shifts from foot to foot uncomfortably. He wishes she would stop staring at him like that, like she knows something strange is going on.

"Just try! Please?" This time Lena bats her eyelashes, trying to use her "girl charms" as Mason calls them.

"Fine." He gives in so she'll stop asking weird questions about him. He listens intently until he thinks he hears his sister's voice.

"I think I hear her." He mumbles in surprise. She must've come back and was somewhere close. "She's laughing in a super girly way."

"Lucas, I thought you were being serious! You've just been messing with me." Lena declares with a scowl.

He's glad that she thinks he was joking. He's sick of the weird looks and questions that he's getting. He just wants to go home now.

Although he is upset that he may have erased whatever good time he'd just had with Lena because she's mad at him now.

Jerica walks up to them just then and breaks the awkward tension. "Sorry I was gone so long, Lena! Alex kept making me laugh." She smiles as Lucas and Lena's jaws practically drop to the ground.

"I have to go now." He announces with a nervous tremor in his voice, then shoves his way through the crowd.

"What's his problem? Were you two having a moment?" Jerica asks her best friend when Lucas is out of sight. She explains what happened and Jerica waves it away as a coincidence. Lena shrugs and lets it go.

~*~

As Lucas shoves people aside to get through, he's breathing hard and feeling claustrophobic. He shoves one guy too hard by accident, making the guy fall into his friends.

Lucas tries to apologize, but no words come out of his mouth, only a low growl. His heart is beating like crazy and he's breathing faster now. Why is he shoving and growling at people?

He's suddenly standing outside in the cold and he doesn't remember going through the doors. He goes around the side of the building, where he can unfortunately still hear the music, and leans against the wall. Maybe some peace and quiet will calm him.

He breathes in deep to steady himself, listening closely when he hears Lena's voice. "What do you think is going on with Lucas?"

"I have no idea." He hears Jerica reply.

He looks around, expecting to see the girls exiting the club. But no one comes around the corner. It sounds like they're right next to him.

"Actually, he might've gone out to check on his wolf bite." Jerica suggests to her best friend.

"Oh yeah, how is that? Is it healing okay?" Lena's voice is full of concern for Lucas. His racing heart starts to slow down a bit.

"You should ask Lucas, since he won't really tell me." Jerica lies. She hasn't been bothered to ask in a while.

"Why would he tell me and not you?" Lena questions in confusion.

"Maybe he doesn't want me to worry." His sister replies, trying to cover her tracks.