A Peaceful Morning

Izaya let out a soft groan as he felt sunlight hitting him directly in the face. He was certain that he'd closed the curtains before going to bed last night. Sleepy red eyes opened, not at all surprised to see someone's face right in front of his own.

Of course...

Izaya rolled his eyes in exasperation and went to sit up. Two strong arms wrapped around him, tugging the raven back into their warm embrace.

"Goddammit...if I had a dime for every time I found a certain brute in my house WITHOUT permission I would be bathing in money." The raven muttered to himself.

He squeaked in surprise as lips pressed against his own, effectively shutting Izaya up. Slowly beginning to relax, Izaya gently returned the gesture. Soon enough they pulled away and Izaya looked up to see teasing mocha eyes gazing back down on him.

"Like you aren't doing that already, brat. You're so rich you could stop working now and continue to be wealthy till the day you die." Shizuo retorted, his voice light and devoid of any annoyance.

Izaya huffed, unable to argue with that. After all, he knew just how much he had saved up over the years.

In other words, he was set for life.

Just like a god should be.

"Why are you here, anyway? You're not supposed to move in for another month. Give me some peace!" Izaya whined, burrowing himself under the covers more in an attempt to hide

A sigh of exasperation sounded and Izaya felt a firm hand lay on his blanket-covered back. Relaxing under it instantly, Izaya cursed Shizuo inwardly for always knowing what to do.

"You were in such a bad mood yesterday so I decided to come over and surprise you. Should I have allowed you wallow in despair all by yourself instead?"

Shizuo's calm and steady voice made Izaya's eyes droop a bit as tiredness washed over him again. He yawned softly and lifted up the blankets to glare at his boyfriend.

"I was in a bad mood because Shiki-san has been piling so much work on me these days." The raven explained, reaching out towards Shizuo.

Smiling, the bodyguard pulled Izaya in close and held him tightly.

God, why hadn't they done this sooner?

Izaya still had doubts about their relationship, he knew they wouldn't ever go away. It had been two years since Izaya had accepted Shizuo's confession and gave his own.

They'd both gone through so much shit during that time, but Izaya was grateful for Shizuo's (admittedly) bone headed mistake of thinking the informant loved him.

After they had gotten together, their relationship was immediately one of the strongest things Izaya had ever seen in his life. Shizuo kept Izaya in line while in return Izaya calmed Shizuo down.

The city of Ikebukuro took quite awhile to get used to it though, that was for sure. Not to mention how gangs that hated either Izaya or Shizuo tried to get back at them by attacking the other.

After a few good punches or blackmailing, that fizzled out pretty quickly.

Many good things had come from being together with the blond, Izaya realized that some time ago.

He had grown closer to his old high school friends Shinra and Kadota. Everyone was slowly beginning to accept him, though there was still a long way to go.

And best of all...

Izaya had someone he could truly trust. Someone he knew would never abandon him and would always stay by his side.

That had seemed to be an impossible wish the informant cherished before Shizuo held him tight and confessed.

Ever since, Izaya had felt less and less alone.

"It's still early, let's get some sleep before work."

Shizuo mumbled, playing with Izaya's hair gently as his eyes closed.

"Love ya, Iz."

He mumbled, using one of the raven's many nicknames Shizuo had created throughout the course of their relationship.

A soft smile spread across Izaya's face as he opened his mouth to reply with words he was no longer afraid of using.

"Love you too, Shizu-chan."

(CONTINUATION OF THE HILARIOUS ROMANCE BETWEEN THE BRUTE AND THE FLEA. READ THAT FANFICTION FIRST BEFORE CONTINUING)