"You quit? Are you an IDIOT?" I yelled and scolded him. Naruto jumped down and also yelled at him. I was mad, but I expected no less from Shikamaru. Sure, he was capable, but he was WAY too lazy. I watched intently as the long awaited match was about to begin. However, there was something, or rather SOMEONE, missing.

Sasuke.

I felt a growing anxiety as the crowd yelled and complained about "Uchiha" and "mystery boy."

"Where is he?!" I growled and Naruto frowned. People were booing as they waited for Sasuke to arrive. Naruto started yelling about how he'd kill Sasuke if he didn't turn up.

One of the ninja guarding Lord Hokage went up to Genma and told him to wait 10 minutes. He took out his pocket watch and started counting down. I watched the clock intently. With every minute that went by, my heart kept beating faster.

"30 seconds," Genma announced and I felt a horrible feeling in my stomach. What's going on? Why isn't he here yet?

"Time's up. So I'm officially calling this match-" Genma began to announce until a gust of wind appeared in the arena and two figures appeared. My eyes widened at the sight of Kakashi sensei and Sasuke.

"Sorry we're late. You wouldn't believe the traffic," Kakashi greeted and my eyes filled with tears. I shook my head.

"And you are?" Genma asked.

"I'm Sasuke Uchiha," Sasuke replied. Instead of his normal blue shirt and white shorts, he was wearing a black jumpsuit that were also shorts. It had the Uchiha crest on the back and his arms were wrapped in bandages. His hair was longer than before and he looked FINE to say the least. I ran over to him and punched him lightly on the arm.

"You idiot. You had me worried about you," I mumbled and tears almost rolled down my cheeks. Sasuke smirked and placed a hand on my shoulder.

"You don't have to worry because I made it and I'm going to win this battle. And what about you? Did you win your match?" he asked me and I chuckled.

"Who do you think I am? Of course I won," I told him and Naruto interrupted by telling him he had won too.

"Well, don't get too full of yourself. You're still a loser, and a Hamasaki freak," he insulted and I chuckled again. Kakashi asked Genma if he was disqualified, and he replied with no. Sasuke was staring at me for a while and I tilted my head.

"What?" I asked and he blushed, and turned his head.

"Nothing, just the new clothes," he mumbled and I blushed. Naruto wrapped his arm around my shoulders playfully and told me to leave with him and Shikamaru. We were walking up the stairs after waving goodbye to Sasuke and wishing him good luck. On the way up, we saw Gaara and two grass shinobi.

The two ninja threatened them and Gaara killed them by using sand. He had a wide smirk on his face the whole time. Shikamaru and Naruto turned with scared looks on their faces. I couldn't help but be intimidated by the crazy smirk and horrible chakra.

I stepped forward to call him out, but he turned with the smirk still on his face. I frowned, turned and continued walking up the stairs, leaving Shika and Naruto standing there like scared rabbits. I went up the the balcony and glared at Temari and Kankuro.

"What's with your brother? Why's he so...I don't know...he's full of bloodlust. Why is that? And why are you guys intimidated by him?" I asked them and they were wide eyed. Temari and Kankuro growled and went to grab a hold of me, but I grabbed their arms with my hair.

"I asked you a question, not threaten you. You either answer it or don't," I growled and they glared.

"We don't have to answer your question, and we won't," Temari hissed and pulled her arm away. I released Kankuro's hand as well and walked next to Shino. Everything was dead quiet as all of us payed close attention to the front.