chp 3

as soon as i finished i went down stairs to help my dad greet the guests. guest as they arrived. i was introduced to a lot of alphas and
betas. not one of them were my mate and i had been standing here for a while. i turned to my dad and asked him if i could go enjoy the party.

"yea sweetheart go have some fun, I'll call you when the special guest arrives."

"OK thanks."

he had the biggest smile on his face, i wonder why he looked so happy when i haven't found my mate yet. i went to the dance floor and spotted Alexis dancing with one of the betas, but when she saw me she hurried over to me.

"Hey cass have you found your mate yet?"

"not yet but I'm still looking and there should be more guest coming still. plus my dad is waiting for someone special, but i have no idea who it is."

"well don't give up yet, the night is still young."

she giggled and pulled Me to the dance floor. we started to dance with some guys that happened to be standing around. we were having a great time when my dad mind linked me that the special guest was here and to come greet him, just as he finished talking, we all heard a loud growl come from the front door where my dad was standing with a new arrival.

as i approached my dad i began to check out the guy standing next to my dad. he was very tall, at least 6"4", you could tell he worked out just by the way his muscles where toned And pretty nice. you could see his abs through a black tee shirt and his strong thighs through his pants that seemed to cling to him in just the right way. my eyes couldn't help but wonder up each inch of him. i got to his face and i let out a soft gasp. he was so gorgeous, he had the most beautiful deep green eyes that seemed to see straight into me and black hair that fell down in waves just past his chin. i just realised that everyone had stopped dancing and was watching us. i looked back at him and caught his gaze just as i smelled an amazing scent. it smelled like the woods and a little musk. just how a man should smell. as we stared at each other he growled again and said the words i was waiting to hear all night.

" mate.."

he crossed the room in a couple of strides and stopped directly in front of me. he had to look down since i was 5'8 an i looked up into amazingly green eyes and i couldn't look away. he took my hand and tingles shot up my arm and warmed up my entire body. it felt amazing and i didn't want it to end but i suddenly remembered that we were still at my party with a room full of people. i turned to my dad and smiled

"i found him dad!"

"that's great sweetheart. why don't you enjoy some time together and after the party well go to my office and talk."

"OK daddy that sounds great."

i lead him out to our garden to get away from the crowd and loud music so we could talk for a little bit. we sat in the gazebo that my dad had built when i was seven. i sat down on the bench inside and patted the spot next to me. he came and sat next to me and took my hand again. i smiled softly and decided to start the conversation since he seemed content to sit there and stare at me all night.

"so what is your name and what pack do you belong to?"

"my name is Cole and i am the alpha of the redwood pack."

i gasped softly, he was the king of all alphas. so he was who my dad had been waiting for all night.

"is something wrong?"

he looked concerned and kind of upset.

"of course not I couldn't be happier. by the way my name is Cassandra ."

"i know all about you. the only healer born in over 500 years. the most powerful ever born. with beautiful red hair and rare green eyes. you know hardly anyone has been born with your shade of green, it's really beautiful, and makes you even more gorgeous."

i was speechless. how did he know all of this it was to be kept a secret so no one would try to kidnap me and mate me against my will. i was so surprised that my dad would tell anyone without letting me know at least. i was really upset now even tho he was my mate but i still will accept him i just don't understand how my father could have done this without my permission. i stood up and stepped away from him to let all my anger out.

"how do you know! my father told you didn't he. without my permission. he didn't even know if we were mates. how could he do something so reckless he's suppose to protect me but he betrayed me, my own father."

i couldn't believe it. there has to be a reasonable explanation. i had to find out the truth.

" come with me Cole we're going to talk to my father."

"very well then, but know there is good reason to why he told me this secret. i don't want you to be upset with me or your father listen to everything he tells you OK."

"I'll decide if it's a good enough reason. and don't worry I'll still accept you as my mate but i want a little time to cool off."

"as you wish my love, I'll be here waiting for you to adjust. i know it will be hard becoming queen, but I'll be here for you."

"thank you. now lot's go have that talk."