Chapter 30- Lost

Heyyy guys sorry it's been a while x
Guess you guys can call this your valentines day present
Thanks for 18.9k reads it's so overwhelming and I still can't believe it x
I would be so appreciative if you guys go and show the same love to my book 'Cloud Nine [H.S]' which is published now. It is another Harry styles fan fiction please share, vote, follow me and comment on that book THANKSSS XX
***

Roberta P.O.V

Everything about where we were was dry. The floors were covered with dirt and where there wasn't dirt there was dead grass. My head was pounding like a thousand drums and I was struggling to balance on my own feet as I tumble and stumble behind Catherina and Harry. They were athletic and fit enough not to be sweating a heap as I was. Forgive me, but this wasn't something that princesses did in their spare time.

Night was slowly approaching but the air was still thick and humid. I couldn't stop and slow Catherina and Harry down. I've already kept them behind enough. My lips were chapped, so my tongue darts out of my mouth to hydrate my lips. Harry notices me struggling behind Catherina and holds me by the waist. The sweat was seeping through his top revealing his abs through his shirt and had matted his a few black strands of hair to his forehead.

"I have my phone," I say through pants of relief, lifting my phone up to show them. My heart plummets when I realise that my only contact is Sebastian from the time we rode the bus together and no one else. I guess i didn't even realise just how dependant I was on his loyalty. As my eyes dart from the name and the number below it to Harry my eyes begin to brim with tears. I should be used to all of the heartbreak that comes with being on the run but i'm not. Crying seemed so absoloutley unfortunate because we had been falling to the ground in laughter only mere minutes ago.

Slow tears become heavy sobs and Harry stops me from walking and helps me so we're crouched on the floor. Catherina looks at me and her eyes stay calculating until she sees my phone screen and her eyes become glossed with tears too.

"Come on girls don't go soft on me. You're stronger than that." Harry runs one hand up and down my shoulder comforting me sweetly. Whilst Catherina places her head in her hands.
"I thought... I was so naive to think..." I don't get to finish my sentence when tears ripped through my dry throat. Tears I really should have been saving as I was so dehydrated already.
"Don't worry, you've still got us. And we'll never leave your side." He leans I'm to place a kiss at my temple and I stop him putting an index finger against his lips.

"Don't." I felt too vulnerable to be played by Harry again and I refused to. Strongly refused to. Although I wanted him to hold me and call me princess the way he did, I knew that he'd always find a way for me to look like the one who's delusional and I hated that. It was the last thing that I needed, now especially. Catherina who had lifted her head up to listen to Harry had put her head back in her hands to avoid the awkward situation.

"I'll... um... call the police for help." I digress the topic of conversation and lift up my phone to dail 999. Harry takes the phone from my hand and throws it as far as he can. The phone twists and turns until I turn away too emotionally invested in the cellphone to watch it crash into a million pieces.
"Why would you do that?!" I shout exasperation taking over. I was losing my patience as well as my sanity.

"Were you paying attention back there at the back of the van? Did you not see all the means by which they can track us? All the technology they have on their side? If you had made that phone call they would have found us again, even if it was to the police who are completely incapable of helping us since you're not even supposed to be hiding. Theres virtually nothing they can do." His voice lifts and I'm sure that I've never seen his address so much of his faustration towards me. Catherina who had peeped up from her hands for a moment too long had ducked her eyes back into the cover of the palms.

"Oh." Is my only reply. And he quickly takes his phone from his pocket and throws it off into the distance.
"The trick is to spread our mobile devices so that if, without us contacting someone, they're are still able to find us it leads them to a dead end and gives us a head start." Catherina hands him her phone as he had the stronger throw and he tosses it away from the other phones in a different direction.

We start walking again and our steps drag on until we've walked on for far too long. Harry was no longer next to me to offer me the support he had been giving me before and I could sense that he was still stinging from the rejection. My heart ached but I stick behind him with Catherina who was beginning to struggle too. We didn't even know where we were heading, but all of the routes we had taken was leading us in circles.
"Do you hear that?" Catherina hasn't spoken for so long that her voice had turned to raspy voice.

"Hear what?" I say. My ears perk up when I start to hear the sound of a motor running far off in the distance.
"Harry..." My voice is quiet but I know that Harry is choosing to ignore my call to him. But I really wanted his attention.
"Harry!" My voice is hitching in my throat but I eventually get the words out and he turns around. He looks at me with eyes that aren't angry at me but eyes that looked as if he was angry at himself. Air that wasn't humid or layered with heat whizzes past us and my hair takes flight into the air. My lungs are quickly filled with the scent of petrol.

I had been so focused on getting Harry's attention that I hadn't realise that there was a car had been approaching and we almost missed it. And so we begin to run. All the tiredness I felt dimishing at the sheer desperation that I felt to get in that car and find somewhere safe and cold to go to. I had only recently become comfortable to the cold English weather and I would as quickly as I could get back to it.

My insides were screaming at me not to overwork myself and I must say I have never worked so many muscles at one before but that's what determination was doing to propel me further. The car notices us and comes to a slow and I approach the window.
"Hey, I'm so sorry to disturb you," He didn't seem disturbed, the man wore a sweet smile on his lips and his cheeks were pink and alight with a friendly glow.

"Would you like for me to call the police for help?"
"No!" We all almost screech and he's taken by suprise and puts the phone in his pocket.
"Sorry, we just need a ride into the town or to civilisation." My voice is still raspy and I am still sweating but he seems incredibly understanding and opens the back door to let us in. We climb into the back of the car and asside from him there was a little girl in the passenger's seat beside him.

"Hi!" She says lips rasing in a beautiful smile. Her pretty almost doll like face is framed with perfect gold curls. Her eyes were big and brown and brought colour to her pale, porcelainlike face. We reply with a collected "Hello!" And shuffle our feet a little in the back of the car.
"So what were you guys doing out in the dirt farm?"

"We were just running-"
"Through the farm after getting lost. We're hitch hikers." Catherina didn't even get to finish her sentence before Harry interupts it with a well executed lie. I guess he was good at lying.

"Hitch hiking? You guys aren't  dressed like hitch hikers."
"We are kind of like, laid back hikers. There's only a few of us. We don't like to conform to the usual norms." I'm horrible at lying. Being a public figure in Italy as their princess there was nothing to lie about and I guess that's why I was so bad at it. I could almost hear Harry face palm beside me. The lie that I had piled on to it was a little less convincing but he accepted it anyway not bothering to question further.

"I'm Thomas and this is my little Milly. I adopted her when she turned five. She's eight now. Isn't she beautiful."
We smile and nod at the girl with the sweetest face I've ever seen.
"I'll just be taking you to my little house out next to manor farm and you can sleep overnight and continue your journey on from there. Is that okay?"
"Yes, thank you so much." Catherina gushes, thankfully. The night was fast approaching and so were we. Soon we had pulled up to drive way of his little home with a white picket fence and blue tulips to decorate the front porch. We were safe again.

for now...