Chapter 20~ An explanation

Roberta P.O.V

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.

.
"A few weeks back," I start my eyes beginning to get slightly foggy. "My parents died in an armed robbery." I tell him. He observes the sad look in my eyes and reflects it. His hand lands on mine and I look at our entwined fingers before looking back up into his softened emerald eyes.

"Umm..." I continue. "I was the only survivor after the attack so they took me to..." I stop myself unsure if I could trust him not to breathe a word to anyone.
"I would never dream of telling anyone, you can confide in me." He says as if he could read my thoughts.

"The P.P.P headquarters, they took me there in my sleep. The head of the programme is mama, the lady you saw today. She told me that I was to have a new identity under the name of Riley only until I was completely safe. They moved me out here to England to be sure of my safety.

Merrie is her daughter. I guess that's why they wanted to take me back there to be killed." My eyes let out fresh tears that fall onto my cheeks.
"I'm sorry that happened to you." He says sincerely.

"I'm sorry that you got caught in the cross fire." I say defeatedly. The last thing I wanted was to be a burden on Harry's shoulders. He had his education to think of, his future whereas i-the girl who once had everything- have nothing.

Harry cups his warm hands around my cheeks again the way he did earlier and my cheeks turn ripe at his touch. I suddenly feel a strong urge to press my lips against his but I know that it's just the teenage hormones that Samantha, my personal guardian had once warned me about.

The feeling just seemed foreign since I have never experienced a want for someone this way before. Our lips are inches away before he opens his lips to speak.

"You've had a long day Princess, you need to sleep." He says and I look hungrily at his lips as they form each syllable. His voice was coated with a seductive English accent and it was only making my want for him worse.

His hands leave my cheeks and I suddenly feel exposed. I look down before I tuck a loose strand of blonde hair behind my ear. Harry smiles at my reaction. He tugs his top over his head and my mouth hangs open for a while as I took in his body.

His skin was slightly tanned and he had a few tattoos place on his arms and chest. I feel something distant stirring in my stomach. His muscles moved beneath his tattoos as he chucked his shirt onto the ground. My eyes still hover on his handsome body before he catches me in the act.

I quickly look away and play with my fingers. Harry smirks but doesn't comment. His inked arms tug down his jeans and I hide my face with my hands before I see something I shouldn't see before marriage.
"Relax, I've still got my boxers on." He says chuckling lightly.

"Is that... Is that how you're going to sleep?" I ask stuttering. As I allow my finger to create a small gap so I could see his face.
"Yes." He tells me casually.
"Is that normal?" I ask. Have I been doing it wrong all these years? Going to bed in a different shade of blue satin pyjamas every night for it not be normal?

"Well it depends-" He stops himself when I whip my top over my head. I look down at my dark purple bra and a red colour is apparent on my cheeks. I felt.... insecure. This was all so unfamiliar. I use my hands to hide my bra.

"Like this? Is this normal?" I question him breaking eye contact with him. His eyes scan my top half before he looks up at me.
"It depends... are you comfortable?" He asks and I have to admit that I'm not. I feel exposed and bare chested even though a bra was covering my chest area.

"No..." I say feeling disappointed at the fact that I couldn't just be normal and sleep wearing next to nothing on a bed like everyone else probably did. He smiled shyly.
"I never thought I would ever say these words but, put your top on." He says a small smile playing on his lips as he studied my reddened cheeks. I tuck myself into bed and Harry slides in beside me.