t w e n t y - s e v e n

Luke POV

I woke up and checked my phone for the time.

11:53 AM

I groaned and rolled out of bed. I walked down the stairs and saw Michael sitting on the couch watching Netflix and Calum was on his phone.

I rubbed my eyes " Are the others still sleeping?" I asked

" Yeah and Ashton and Karina went out apparently." Michael said pointing to the counter

I walked over to the counter and looked at the note.

Heyyyy. Ash and I decided to go out for a little bit.

~Karina

" Hey guys." Anna said walking down the stairs, rubbing her head.

" You feeling any better?" I said as we both walked to the couch together.

" Yeah." She simply replied.

" Happy Birthday Anna!" Calum and Michael walked over to the couch and enveloped her in a hug, falling on us in the process.

" Get off me you lump." I chuckled to Michael.

While we were all laughing around my phone rang. Michael wouldn't get off me in time so I could answer it but when he finally got off me and I was able to check it, it was from Ashton.

" Hey it's from Ash." I interrupted the fits of playfulness going around and I sat back down to play it for all of us.

It was hushed whispering but It was able to be made out.

" Hey Luke, it's Ash and Karina's with me right now but I don't know where we are but Anna's mother and some guy took us last night when you were all sleeping and right now they're in another room but I don't know what to do but I don't think we're safe- I have to go she's coming." And the message ended.

Anna slid her back and slouched down in the couch. " Why do I come from such a fucked up family and why on earth do they all try to fricken kill me and my friends." I mumbled to myself.

" Hey it's fine, it's not your fault." I rubbed a hand on her shoulder.

" How the hell are we supposed to find them?" Calum asked.

" Let's think, where do crazy people hold people captive?" Michael sarcastically said and put a finger against his head indicating that was thinking.

" Are there any places around here that are like runned down or old or abandoned?" Anna asked.

" Let's see, well The Hospital downtown recently got shut down because mold and stuff were making people sick." Calum suggested.

" What about Dot's Donut shop, they closed." Michael threw out the idea.

" Or Rose's Decorative Furniture shop, they shut down." I said.

" Okay then let's go to those places and see where it gets us." Anna said.

~~~~

We were at the hospital and the doors were locked so Anna picked the lock. The place was empty and there were no signs of them so we went to the Donut Shop and the doors were unlocked so that made us immediately think that they were there.

" Guys we should call the cops, so no killing or anything just going to jail." Anna said before entering the Donut Shop.

" That's a good idea!" Michael pulled out his phone and dialed for the police. It was a few minutes but there were 2 police cars on their way and they finally got here.

The police got here and we had told them to stay outside so it doesn't scare them away so that they try to do something so what we did was Anna had her phone on call with one of the policemen so they would know when to come in.

Anna and I were going to be the only people coming in because we thought that would be more subtle and that it would be the best. So we walked in and it was empty. We found a door that led to the cellar of the shop so we opened the door and went down.

When we opened the second door at the bottom of the stairs we immediately saw Karina and Ashton tied up together.
When we went to untie them, Anna's mother walked in and dropped her glass of wine. Why she was drinking wine I had no idea but the dark substance spilled on the floor.

" You really are sick, you know that. I'm done with the crazy, and the kidnapping and everything else that has to do with my family. You guys need help!" Anna said to her mother.

" What can you do, you're just a little girl." Her mother chuckled.

" Guys come in." Anna said.

Her mother was confused, not knowing why she said that and who she was talking too. A few moments later 4 policemen came charging down the stairs with their guns loaded and prepared just in case.

" What the?" Her mother looked around as the policemen came in. The other men walked through the door to see what was going on but that proved to only be bad luck for them.

They all got cuffed and I saw Anna smile. When they were all taken out, we untied Ash and Karina and we went out of the donut shop.

I was happy. Now that both Anna's parents are taken care of, we won't have to worry about any more craziness hopefully....

So hey guys, I've recently read through this story and some parts don't make sense and is badly written but thanks for sticking by during the process of this book and this won't be the last chapter and I'm sorry it was short so yeah but it won't be forever the next time I update it, it will be soon so yeah! Hope you enjoy! :) also it's kinda rushed but I just wanted to give you guys a chapter and I promise to update soon! :)