Chapter 4

I'm dedicating this chapter to winterfrida due to her abundance of support, votes and comments!! ❤️❤️

~~~

When I returned home I was exhausted. I was bruised, worn out and I could barley keep my eyes open.

Preston came in only shortly after I had arrived, looking just as tired as I feel.  He came and plopped down on the sofa across from me, resting his arm on the back of it.

"What happened to you?" A flash of concern passed through his eyes.

I pointed at myself questionably, choosing to play the dumb card.

"Who me? Nothing. Tough test and all you know." I gave a nervous laugh, something I often do.

Preston's blue eyes searched my face for clues of dishonesty. I gave him a timid smile, though I could tell by his questioning expression he didn't believe me. But he decided to leave it as isz

He sighed then quickly snatched the remote of the coffee table.

"Wha-hey I was watching that!" He shushed me and continued on anyways.

And I thought he was the nice one.

"There was a battle today between Silver Lightning and Villain during the Mayors's economic speech. I think they are doing a story on it on channel 7." He seemed to think this was a perfectly fine reason to turn off Grey's Anatomy.

I rolled my eyes, reluctantly letting him change it anyways. Besides, I wanted to hear how people were responding to my little surprise.

"It wasn't really a battle, considering Villain destroyed the stage before Silver Lightning even arrived. Even then, she left without a scratch." I said with a matter of fact tone, not bothering to come up with an excuse as to why I know this.

This time it was him who rolled his eyes, but with humour in them.

"I'm sure she was totally injure free." His sarcasm was clearly present. "Silver lightning can take her on any day."

I was about to spout back another slightly defensive remark when the news lady from channel seven came on. She is standing in front of the same stage I was a few hours prior. The place is a mess with scraps of wood and debris everywhere.

The blond lady who looked to be in her early 30's pointed to the scene behind her.

"Earlier this evening our city was shocked by the attack of the mayor at his economical announcement. Police and many witnesses can confirm that this was indeed an act of Villain. We believe her initial intention was to kill Mayor Havern.

I laughed and  Preston gave me a weird look out of the corner of his eyes.

"Though the Mayor was not harmed, Villain still imposes a major threat to all civilians. As of now, the mayor has announced a reward of
10 000$ to anyone who hands her over to the MCPD to be put into custody."

Preston shuts off the TV and stomps towards his room. I heard him mutter something along the lines of Silver Lightning wasn't even mentioned.

What a fanboy.

I thought it was hilarious that they hadn't  said anything about him. Guess that's what he gets for being late, they don't want citizens thinking their precious Silver Lightning wasn't able to save the day.

~~~

After watching the news report I felt a lot more awake. I decided that it would be good for me to clear my head. I went into the cool evening air with an oversized hoodie and sweatpants on.

I felt like walking, though I didn't have anywhere in particular to walk to. Between Being and villain and school work, I never really felt like I had time for friends. Besides I wasn't very good at making them, when I was Bree I was shy and clumsy. Not really someone people wanted to approach and start a budding friendship with.

Though there have been a couple of times when I thought of 'recruiting' someone. It was hard planning city destruction by myself. Sometimes I felt like it would be nice to have some back up, someone who knew the ropes around a computer screen. My biggest problem with that one though is that no one really wants to be on the bad side.

I can't go up to some computer geek and say 'hey I'm that Villain person that every one in the city wants gone. I could really use some help with my evilness, so here's my number. Call me if your interested!'

Yeah I'm pretty sure it doesn't work like that.

The only person I really consider a friend is Preston, and I left him back at the house. So instead I decide to walk towards the little café on the corner.

It's quite out tonight, everyone is staying indoors. Especially after the news report. The only sound is the cars racing along the street, and the mad honks of those with road rage.

I never really minded being alone. I was always more comfortable being alone.

And just when I catch sight of the old café where I was no longer going to alone, I felt a sharp pain in the back of my head.

The last thing I heard was another faint honk of a far off driver. Then I was falling, falling, I fell into darkness.

~~~

So I know these chapters have been short and somewhat boring but I'm getting there. I had to set up the plot and setting and stuff so you know. It's starting to pick up now though.

What's going to happen to Bree?

Until next time,
❤️ Izzy