Red hair

Sometime later that day I was awaken by an owl that was pecking at my hand. It had a letter that was addressed for me. I took it and watched as it flew away before I gave my attention to the piece of parchement before me.

I recognized the crest that sealed it shut and knew it was from Draco. He had written me a few times while I was at Beauxbatons so I knew that this crest belonged to him. I smiled for a brief moment before I remembered the incident the other day. A surge of anger ran through me and I had the urge to lite it on fire or something. Only my curiosity pushed me to open it and after a few minutes of contemplating I did exactly that.

Genesis

I want you to know how sorry I am that I hurt you that day. If you don't want to forgive me then I will understand but I just want you to know I would never purposely harm you. What I did was to protect you and I know that sounds hard to believe but when I see you again if I ever do I will explain it to you. Stay safe keep yourself armed and hopefully I will see you soon.

~ Draco L Malfoy

I reread the letter several times before I crumpled it up and tossed it out the window. That was a load of bullocks. He was just trying to protect me, yeah right. How has anyone ever knocked someone out to protect them?

All the jostling from my movements woke Fred up and when he saw me he immeadiately smiled.

"Hey" He yawned.

I nodded my head and rose to my feet. I need to clear my head. Fred got quickly to his feet as well and followed me as I headed downstairs and out into the yard.

"Where are you going Gen?" He asked me as I was heading down the drive.

"I just needed some fresh air thats all."

Fred caught my arm and wheeled me around to him. "Something is wrong."

Of course something was wrong, the pratt that attacked me just wrote me a letter that practically told me to try to forget that ever happened so we can continue being friends like nothing happened.

"No nothing is wrong I am fine." I told him.

After searching my face for a hint of lying he pulled me into his arms. Like always I melted into his warm embrace. I inhaled deeply and my head began to lightly swim, or maybe float. Whatever the feeling was I liked it. Fred smelled like the earth after a gentle rain and fresh pine, it was intoxicating smell.

"Are you going to tell me what is wrong?" He brought up after another minute.

He must've known he would weaken my defense by hugging me because I actually wanted to give in and tell him. I dropped my arms and stepped away from him so I could gain my thoughts back and think rationally.

"Nothing is wrong" I replied again.

Faking a smile I turned and walked off. I had seen an apple tree a few yards back on the right and the apples look scrumptious. After climbing the tree to the top most branch I plucked an apple and nestled in the branches as I began biting into it.

"Are you going to come down or do I have to come up there?" Fred asked me.

I looked down at him and shrugged my shoulders.

"Can I atleast have an apple?" He asked.

I plucked a half rotten apple from a branch beside me and then tossed it to him before I began laughing. He quickly dropped the apple and began climbing the tree. After several broken branches he finally made it.

"You know this tree won't hold the two of us right?" I asked him casually as I took another bite from my apple.

He looked at me and smiled. "With magic it will." he winked.

"Where are we supposed to -" I began before I blushed and looked away.

Fred smiled and took my hand before he turned on the spot. We dissappareted and when we appeared we were on top of the roof of the burrow. Fred pulled me to his side and gently kissed me causing my head to swim again. I sighed and then nuzzled into his chest aching for closeness. Fred wrapped his arms around me and kissed me once more on my forehead.

"Savor the quietness while you still can my brothers and sister are returning tomorrow evening. I am sure you will be pestered by my sister about our relationship." Fred chuckled.

The sun began shining brighter as it peaked through the evening clouds. The sun glistened on my hair causing it to sparkle and shine red. Fred's eyes widened in amusement as he watched my hair. Taking a lock between his fingers he eyed it carefully.

"You have red hair?" He asked me.

I slowly nodded my hair. "Yeah don't know where I got it from though because both my parents have brown hair."

"Godric has red hair." Fred mused.

He was right, Godric Gryffindor had red hair. So I was taking after my grandfather from way back then. I wonder what else I inherited from him.

____________________________________________________________________________________

AUTHORS NOTE:

This is the end of book 3

stay tuned for the sequel bringing forth Genesis' 4th year at Hogwarts.