~Chapter Five~

There's too many names that start with the same letter in this story! 

Minty Myst Megan Marilan Maya!

Aiden Athena Aranna Aaron Axel!

Star Soren Salem!

Jacky Jesse Jasmine!

AGH

Oooh, and this is not edited at all. As usual.

-----------------------------------

Minty tripped over her own feet in shock. "You're WHAT!"

There's no time, Minty. They're coming! Find the others, now!

Gill helped Minty up from where she had tripped. "Are you okay? What'd he say?"

"He told me he's the narrator!" Minty cried, breaking into a run. "We gotta find the others!"

"Wait, what? The narrator? What does that even mean?" Megan exclaimed, jogging to keep up with Minty.

"I don't know! I just know we're in danger." Minty replied quickly.

The trio ran back into the open room that they had started in. The rest of the group was already back.

"Whoa, hey guys! Did...did you find something?" Wolfe asked.

"Uh, not quite." Megan said, giving Minty a sidelong glance.

"There's not really a delicate way to say this. Minty started hearing a voice in her head. It told her that there's people after us and that they're dangerous." Gill tried to explain.

"I don't really know who he is or why he's helping us, but he says he's the narrator, whatever that means." Minty added. Most of the group stood in stunned silence. Jesse turned to look at Ruby.

"That footprint...do you think it was left by the people looking for us?"

"Could be. Sure hope not, though." Ruby replied.

"We didn't really find anything interesting. Just a ton of books." Maya shrugged.

You need to get out of here. Go deeper into the fortress, if you need. You're not safe where you are.

"Voice-narrator-person says we need to get out of here." Minty informed the others.

"But we can't leave yet! We haven't found Soren!" Athena objected.

"We don't have to leave. We can go farther into the fortress." Minty added.

"Maybe we should go down to the grinder." Jesse suggested. Olivia frowned. "Maybe. That wasn't exactly easy, though."

"Easy or not, let's move. I don't think we want to meet whoever's coming to kill us." Ruby said. She started to head back down one of the halls.

"Well, wait. I think we should stand our ground. We all have weapons, why not fight back?" Athena pointed out, drawing her enchanted iron sword.

"Sounds fine to me." Maya agreed.

NO. Minty, don't let them! They won't stand a chance. You have no idea the damage these women can cause.

"Narrator says that's a bad idea. It's too dangerous to try and fight them. We should go find a place to hide." Minty said.

And you don't need to call me 'narrator'. I told you my name is Aaron. But yes, you should get out of there.