Chapter 5 (dun, dun, dun)

Asher's P.O.V

The small caramel cat rushes up the polished wooden steps of the mansion, running into the room at the scattered noise coming from the bathroom.

"BOB!" Chara screams.

I grab her sweating darker arm, giving her a stare, and she turns with her other arm and scratches me. Long slender strips of red leak through my arm, turning burgundy.

I wince and reel, hugging my arm to my chest and wincing while the girl rushes over to go find the cat. I give Dawson a scarred for life look, which she returns with her pale blue grey eyes.
We all follow her towards the room, which is a simple bedroom with cream colored walls, a nice white creamy carpet, pink flowing curtains, and a pink fluffed bed with a swirling neatly made pastel coral bedspread.

A few coral and rose flowers flow out of the mouth of a beautiful cyan slate crystal vase, with small clear white fish painted across the surface of the vase.
Everyone flows like an ocean just outside of the doorway, bobbing and weaving through to see Chara. The girl dressed up as Phil picks up the small penny colored cat, stretching out in the cool crisp air.

Chara smiles and hugs him to her chest while we try to get her to come out of the room, the small tabby wriggling out of her grasp miserably.

We don't expect to see this.

A giant shadow cascading across the bed, two shining creamy white eyes staring at us through the shadow, which swirls like a sea before taking form.
A figure, curled and curved in a bubble form almost, staring at us curiously. Then it raises a shadowy axe. I hear someone scream and yell out from behind me.
Salem reaches forwards before pulling the girl towards her, and my hand rests on her back before violently pushing her in the safety net of the others.

They all form around her like a pure dome, a sea of hands covering her, and I whip the door closed as Raina pulls Dawson towards her almost on instinct, shielding the absolutely mystified girl.
We all run towards the hallway as the shadow seems to gain a substance, actually seeping through the door, spreading out like an ocean trying to drown us.

It spreads along the hallway, forcing us apart.

I remember everything going mute.
Heavy breathing, footsteps, Raina screaming at me to run, Dawson yelling something unidentifiable, and my head hitting a soft surface before the world fades away.

Autumn's P.O.V

Zander turns on a light.

I count all of us.

There's me, Zander, who looks quite dead, Koda, who is mumbling inconsistently while sinking to his knees, Salem, looking ever so slightly chestfallen, and...
...me...I guess.

I feel the painted black red and turquoise ocean scales of my face, feeling some of it melting from my face from sweat that trickles down my forehead. I gasp for air.

"Everyone alright?" I choke.

Everyone spends a minute catching their breath, whimpering, or simple looking up intently at the rest of us like we're total idiots, almost smiling.

Ok.

It's only Koda.

"We're all okay," Zander answers, shivering. I place my hand on my chest, feeling my own breath and heartbeat while I sweat, my mouth drying ever so slightly.

Salem brings out a couple of water bottles, which we enjoy with sweaty palms and foggy eyes, sighing as water fills our systems and cooling our foreheads.

"What was that thing!?" I squeak, surprised to hear myself voice-break.

"Is it gone?"

"Did it leave?"