Chapter 1

Kyril's P.O.V

I walk to the window, and peer outside the cyan tinted glass. There are five shadows walking to the front door, each one with a smile plastered on their faces.

They walk across the mossy grass and under the towering trees. One has long black hair, with black glasses.
She is pretty tall, with a white pullover hoodie over herself.
Another has pale skin with a striped shirt, suspenders, black leggings, and a multitude of bracelets lining her arm.
There's a guy with dark brown hair. He has a simple olive hoodie. The fourth girl has on a slate blue sweater, simple jeans, and words on the front saying, "I am limited edition," just below her squared glasses and dark hair pulled into a high ponytail. The last girl has dirty blonde hair in a low ponytail, a simple brown t-shirt with lime lining, black nike shorts that go up to her knees, simple orange sneakers with no socks, and blue-grey eyes shining curiously. Freckles dot the bridge of her nose.

They all come up the entrance of the mansion. I wince, sigh, and quickly rush downstairs.
I open the giant doors as they come inside. Brushing myself off, I grin and yell out, "Welcome!" The five enter curiously, looking all around the polished cream colored mansion. They wipe their shoes on a tan carpet and look curiously at me.

"Hi, I'm Kyril," I greet them, handing out my hand towards them, lined with stretches from stitching my costume. My puffy blue jacket stretches out, just underneath an oversized giant t-shirt, plain white, and baby blue fluffy slippers with no socks. My dark black hair is pulled up into a simple ponytail, my face covered in white face-paint.
The tallest girl, the one with the pullover hoodie, shakes my hand.

"Hi, I'm Cato," She greets me, smiling. She points behind her. "That's Dawson, Chara, Raina, and Asher."
Her brows furrow suddenly.
"Uh, why are you dressed as Sans from Undertale?"

I smile, simply saying that it's a costume party. The five look confused and all glance each other.

"We didn't get that in the invitations," The taller (and only) boy clarifies. I blush. Oh freaking pangolin.

On a boat.

I shake my head.

"Sorry, I'll go get you guys some costumes, in the meantime you guys can go the banquet hall."

Asher's P.O.V

We enter the hall, opening the giant wooden doors. Inside is an entire cream-colored room. A giant table, a nice baby blue carpet, and a crackling fire.

Nice.

The smell of burning wood fills the room, and we smile. Cyan banners hang from the cream birch wooden walls, and chairs line up across a large table across the wooden brown floorings.

"I swear this is the setup to a murder mystery," Dawson comments behind my shoulder. I scoff at the smaller girl, her blue-grey eyes looking across the room.

We all sit at our assigned seats.

We all wait.

And then there's a blood curdling scream.

***

Chapter written by Goldendoodlegamer11.