Chapter Eight: The Ceremony

STOP REVIEWING BADLY! But thank you Jazzpaw for the good reviews you've been leaving.

Starpaw skidded into the camp. "FIRESTAR!" she yowled. "I have to tell you something."

"Not now, Starpaw," he said. "You've got to become a WARRIOR!"

"OH MY GOSH, REALLY?" screamed Starpaw.

"YEAH," said Firestar. "You've been an apprentice for only 3.14 days, but you are the best apprentice in the Clan. You're perfect. We need you to help defeat Blackstar and ShadowClan, and all the other Clans. They are trying to attack us. We're in the middle of a war."

"Oh my gosh, WE ARE?" screamed Starpaw. She was so surprised!

"Yeah, Dustpelt died while you were away on your walk. RiverClan attacked us," said Sandstorm. She looked sort of sad; she knew Firestar loved Starpaw. But it was okay; she knew what was best.

"OH MY GOSH!" said Starpaw. "Quick, make me a warrior!"

"Okay," said Firestar. He walked up to Starpaw. "All cats gather 'round who are old enough to catch their own prey!

"Today we are making a new warrior."

The Clan gasped!

"Starpaw! Starpaw!" shouted the Clan. They all knew instantly it was she who was being made a warrior.

Starpaw was so excited! She'd never been so happy in her life!

"Starpaw...," said Firestar. He was smiling like she'd never seen him smile before. "Are you ready to become a warrior in the name of StarClan?"

"Yes!" Starpaw said, shocked.

"Okay," he said. "Then by the power of StarClan, I give you this name. From now on, you will be known as Stargleam, for your pelt, which shines like the stars, and your connection with StarClan. We honor your bravery and kindness."

"Stargleam! Stargleam!" shouted the Clan.

Stargleam grinned. She was a warrior! "At last!"

"Firestar," she said, coming over to him. "I wanna tell you something." She looked seriously at him.

"Yeah, what is it?" he said, hope shining in his eyes.

Does he know? Stargleam thought.

"Firestar..." she breathed. She couldn't believe she was actually doing this after so long.

"I..."

"WINDCLAN ATTACK!" shouted a voice from in the camp.

It was...

HOLLYLEAF!

I worked really hard on this chapter and am too tired to spell good, so please review NICELY!