"Did you just steal my pizza?"

"I confiscated it," He barked, his eyes flashing with annoyance, apparently over me. "You are under arrest, son, you don't go ordering food here. This is serious, do you get that?"

I just kept glaring at him, then flipped my eyes to my pizza. "You stole my pizza."

Officer Cliffton slowly leaned forward on his knees and fixed me with a straight look. "Listen, kid. You're facing serious charges and you didn't call for any adult representation to come and speak for you. Instead of worrying about your pizza, you should be worrying about how long you're going to be stuck in juvenile detention."

"I don't need any 'adult representation'. I can handle myself, I'm not a kid."

Scoffing in disagreement, the cop leaned back. "'Kay then. You wouldn't mind if we get along with this here form then?" He said and lifted up his clipboard again. "Since you're all grown up and stuff, let's hear your info."

"I want my pizza first," I stated and looked indignantly at him. "I'm starving here, man."

"You'll get it once we've finished this." He waved the clipboard at me.

"Fine, then ask me," I growled and leaned so far back into the chair, I almost laid down in it.

He nodded satisfied, then shifted his eyes to the form. "Let's start with your full name."

"Princess Consuela Banana Hammock."

Cliffton lifted his eyes and glared at me again. He didn't look amused.

"What? You don't get the reference? It's Friends, man. Come on! Phoebe?"

"Answer the question properly, son," He snapped. "State your birth name for the record or we're going to do this the hard way."

"Caleb Montrell." I finally growled. I really just wanted to go home and get some sleep.

"That wasn't so hard, now, was it? Date of birth?"

"Same as Jesus."

He went back to glaring.

"Oh, come on!" I protested angrily now. "You don't even know Jesus's birthday? That's fucked, man."

"Don't get smart with me," He warned me.

"Excuse me, hold up; are you asking me to stop being smart?" I said, cocking a sharp brow. "That's a fucking stupid thing to say."

"Son—"

"We live in a world where people post duckface photos online and literally use the word literally when it's not needed," I snapped back, my eyes thundering at him. "Finding smart people today is like finding an honest politician, and here you are, asking me to not be smart." I leaned back in my chair and gritted my teeth. "America spends millions of taxpayer dollars advertising the importance of an education, and yet there are still people like you out there who keep using stupid expressions like that."

"That's enough." Officer Cliffton puffed his chest out and made me roll my eyes. "I need you to calm down and focus on filling out this form—"

"You mean this arrest order?"

"—and for that, I need you to stop playing smart with me," He bristled, looking me square in the eyes. His brown eyes squinted seriously at me and his nostrils flared ever so slightly. He was angry, I could tell. Well so was I.