Sawyer, Harry and the Weasleys roared with laughter again.

  "It isn't funny!" Mr. Weasley shouted. "That sort of behavior seriously undermines wizard-Muggle relations! I spend half my life campaigning against the mistreatment of Muggles, and my own sons--"

"We didn't give it to him because he's a Muggle!" said Fred indignantly.

"No, we gave it to him because he's a great bullying git," said George. "Isn't he, Harry?"

"Yeah, he is, Mr. Weasley," said Harry earnestly.

"That's not the point!" raged Mr. Weasley. "You wait until I tell your mother -"

"Tell me what?" said a voice behind them, and Mr. Weasley froze in his spot, obviously not actually willing to get his boys to that big of troubles.  "Oh hello, Harry, dear," Mrs. Weasley said, closesly followed by Meeko, spotting Harry and smiling. Then her eyes snapped back to her husband. "Tell me what, Arthur?"  

 There was a silence, while Mr. Weasley eyed his wife nervously. Then two girls appeared in the kitchen doorway behind Mrs. Weasley. One, with very bushy brown hair and rather large front teeth, was Harry's and Ron's friend, Hermione Granger.  And the  other was Ginny, who apparently disappeared to Hermione's side. Both of them smiled at Harry, who grinned back, which made Ginny go scarlet  - again.

"Tell me what, Arthur?" Mrs. Weasley repeated, in a dangerous sort of voice.

  "It's nothing, Molly," mumbled Mr. Weasley, "Fred and George just - but I've had words with them -"

  "What have they done this time?" said Mrs. Weasley. "If it's got anything to do with Weasleys' Wizard Wheezes -"

  "Why don't you show Harry where he's sleeping, Ron?" said Hermione from the doorway.

  "He knows where he's sleeping," said Ron, "in my room, he slept there last -"

  "We can all go," said Hermione pointedly.

  "Oh," said Ron, cottoning on. "Right."  

"Yeah, we'll come too," said George.

"You stay where you are!" snarled Mrs. Weasley, and Sawyer stopped herself from snorting.

The four youngest trickled away from the kitchen, but when Bill, Charlie and Sawyer stood up to take their leave, they were stopped by Mrs. Weasley.

"Not you three!" she glared. "Bill and Charlie! I expected you to keep your younger siblings in--"

"What do we have to do with that--" Charlie was cut off, and Mr. Weasley sighed. He just had to talk.

"And Sawyer! As their friend! I expected you to keep them under control, and not have them experiment with their ridiculous--!"

"Mum, what do they have to do with that?" George spoke up, but Molly Weasley had none of it.

"I DON'T WANT TO HEAR A WORD FROM YOU TWO!"

Absolutley none of it.

::

"Meeko!" Sawyer's voice called loudly as her cat disappeared from view. "Meeko!" she stood up, forgetting all manners about dinner, and the Weasleys- plus Hermione and Harry- stared at her for a moment as she took off after him.

"Sawyer, it's probably nothing," Fred spoke up, "he'll be back soon--!"

But Sawyer was already gone, and Charlie frowned. "What's with it?" he wondered, and watched the grim look on Fred and George's matching face.

"You don't reckon it has something to do with you know what, right?"

"I don't even know anymore with Sawyer," Fred sighed, and all they heard was the door shutting.

Of course, the key word was Bertha Jorkins.

Albania was a long way away, but Meeko wanted to get there. He wanted to find what was left of the dead woman, and if it wasn't for Sawyer, he wouldn't stop until he got there.

"Meeko," she huffed as she finally caught up to him, grabbing him and picking him up. "We are not going to bloody Albania, or go searching for Tom again. I've had enough with him for quite some time."

Meeko meowed in discontent, and she shook her head.

"No, Meeko. I don't care. We're staying in the United Kingdom until a farther notice, a'right?"

He purred strangely, and she dropped him, watching as he strolled back to the Burrow.

"What can you expect when you're a cat-dog?"