Supplement Chapter #1.4 - Revelation

STOP WHAT YOU'RE DOING! Are you up to date with the current events of Marionette? (Minimum reading up to Cosmos, Chapter Twenty). These are NOT for new readers to read. These contain SPOILERS to the main book, and as such, read at your own risk. All Supplement chapters should not be read until Cosmos Chapter Twenty at the minimum, but it's recommended for readers to be COMPLETELY up to date. If you spoil yourselves by reading this while you're still in Oceans arc, then thats your own choice, but be mature and don't post spoilers from here onto the main book before a character even turns up. I wouldn't want to have to permanently mute you.

If there was anything in the world that Karma could claim with certainty at that moment, it was just one single thing.

It wasn't anything all that convoluted, bizarre or bitter.

In fact, it was just the simplest of issues he had with the most current arrangements for his class during the eighth year of his life.

He hated being in class 3-A, beneath this teacher who constantly talked down at her students like they were tiny little animals. And he hated being stuck in a group with both Rat-kun and this strange blond kid he knew only to be called Ito.

Class Trip aside, he was bored, annoyed, and all he wanted to do was go home and play one of his games.

But he couldn't, because not only had his mother banned him from skipping this one time, but the teachers themselves were smarter this time.

They had Nishimura of all people escort him personally onto the bus like a personal chaperon, and he didn't leave until the bus had disappeared down the street with Karma on board.

Talk about lame.

What was even worse was that even on the bus, he had to stay with his group members.

That meant sitting right next to Rat-kun and Ito the whole way there – An hour, easily.

But, at least Nishimura wasn't coming on the class trip – That would be beyond painful to deal with.

The blond boy named Ito merely immersed himself in his drawing pad he'd brought along without a word, his expression permanently set in a particularly sour frown.

And Rat-kun of course just sat there motionlessly, emotionless as she stared at the back of the seat in front of her.

Though, he found himself wondering if he was merely imagining the oddly sickly-pale edge to her complexion.

He recalled she did look particularly sickly when she transferred in, though he couldn't be sure either which way – she always looked pale and sick.

But having said that, she probably did that to herself all the time, since she only seemed to eat those plain onigiri, and that was sometimes.

Was she a masochist or something?

It was possible – she neither avoided nor recoiled away from anything painful, as far as he could tell – And he had inflicted a lot of pain on her as far as he was concerned.

Though he inflicted pain on others in his school, she was the only one that never showed any sign of inherent fear of him.

And that was the one thing that made this mess revolving around Rat-kun and his interactions with her all the more confusing.

'Alright everyone! We're almost at the Aquarium!' One of the other supervising teachers announced brightly, a man Karma didn't bother to remember the name of. His large form stood up at the front of the bus, a pleasant smile across his face as he looked over the fifty odd students before him. 'Now first, we're going to take attendance when we arrive there, and then you will all separate into the groups you all chose at the start of the week.'