Chapter 7

I woke up. I was in the forest again, and I didn't hear or see anything strsnge. The trees looked normal, and I heard nothing about from the slight breeze. The grass glinted and shimmered in the breeze, and the bugs and ants twinkled on the trees and leaves. It no longer looked strange, but I knew what I had to do. I had to look for the monster. It may have been the totally wrong thing to do, but I just had an urge to do it.

I ran through the forest, and stopped at the spring. The gem wasn't there, but something else was. It was a sword. It was huge, and it hovered gently above the water's surface. I dived in, and surprisingly I didn't get wet at all. I swam towards that sword and grabbed it. I quickly swam back to shore and held the sword in my hand. It scintillated like the plants around me. It was magical.

I heard foot-steps behind me, so I drew the sword. The blade looked very intimidatong and sharp. Perfect, so when that monster comes up I can slash it. I may even kill it if I have to, but I was ready all the same. The leaves rustled in front of me, and someone appeared from the bushes. It was a girl. She looked around my age, but didn't look like anyone I knew. She was pretty tall as well. Taller than me.

"Hey, who are you?", asked the girl, "How did you get here? Only people who've seen it come here, and you have to be dead to have seen it."

"What is it? Is this a dream? Am I dead?", I asked.

"Oh, I see. You must not know yet. But, I need to ask, have you seen it? If you have you're in real trouble.", she asked again.

"I think so... But, what is IT? Say it's name," I whispered, "does it have a name?"

"Um... ...Not really... IT is a monster. A demon, actually. Don't ever speak to it or attack it. If you are you might as well kill it. It can take the form of the people you know, though. When it does it 'borrows' the life of that person. So, if you kill it in that form you kill the person who's life it stole. Be careful. I hope I helped. I've been through a lot. I've been here for five-hundred years. I'm still the same age I was when I first came. Bye!", answered the girl. She told me a lot. The girl walked away into the darkness. I walked away. I saw a small clearing in the forest, and there was a stone in the middle of it. I walked towards it. I was intrigued, so it touched it. I was zoomed back to reality and I woke up. I felt something heavy in my hands.

"Oh my goodness!", I shrieked, "The sword! It's still here!"