Unfortunate Misfortunes 6. A Whole Lot Of Nothing

Chapter 6

After talking to Miss York I decided I needed to step it up. Just because CJ told me I was good, doesn't mean I actually am. He could have been lying?

"But he wasn't" the voice in my head said slyly.

How the hell would you know?

"I'm your conscience and I know these things"

Are you serious? You only know what I know!

"And you do know this, you just choose not to believe it"

Uh huh. I'm sure.

"Fine, don't believe me."

Good enough for me

I whacked my brain and slipped into an empty music room un noticed. I'm not too sure if Albany Prep students are aloud to borrow the classrooms or not after school? The Quebec kids was definitely not aloud.

I grabbed an acoustic guitar and tuned it to the correct key.

Hmmm...?

Well, Hey Ya has been stuck in my head all day so I may as well play it

I strummed the guitar and started to sing in a softer version of the song.

My baby don't mess around

Because she loves me so

And this I know for shooo..

But does she really wanna

But can't stand to see me

Walk out the dooor..

Can't stand to fight the feelin'

Because the thought alone is killing me right nooww..

Thank god for mom and dad

For sticking two together

'Cause we don't know hooowww...

Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa..

Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa..

Heeeyyy... Yaaaaaaa..

Heeyy Yaaaaaaaa..

Allora's POV

I sighed.

God what is the point in being extremely popular if all you do is get bored 24/7?

Being queen is hard work. I have to remember who to be nice or horrible too. And sometimes I forget and that turns out bad. Trust me.

God! And where is Brody? He said he would be here two hours ago! Why am I bothering to wait for him? He should be the one chasing me, not the other way around. God I'm pathetic. Wait, no I'm not. I'm perfect! Ha!

Brody, other than the fact that he is late, is the perfect boyfriend. He told me he loved me since we were in primary. It was so cute I couldn't pass him down. I hooked him on and his popularity soared. That is the only charitable thing I have ever done. And will ever. I'm not very...what's the word? Generous? That will do.

I tapped a perfectly manicured foot on the side of my bed. Inpatient is my middle name.

Brody's POV

I looked at my watch: 7:56pm

Shit! I was supposed to meet Allora at five. Oh well she can wait. I need to find my phone!

I was walking down the East Hallways when I heard a noise. It was a soft, sweet voice singing. Intrigued I walked towards the person. It was coming from one of the Music Rooms. Hah! This person mustn't know what's coming to them if they take a Music Room after hours.

I turned around, losing all interest in the stupid person when I heard them mutter "SHIT"and then drop the guitar.

I laughed and went back over to the door and looked through the glass. The girl was leaning over, picking something up and her underpants were clearly showing. I chuckled and she spun around. She blushed and quickly put the guitar back and hurried out of the room straight past my shocked expression.

Jenny?!

What the hell! Allora said Jenny was 'special' or something! And yet here she is, the most beautiful singer I have ever heard. I cleared my thoughts and ran after Jenny

"JENNY!" I called. No answer. "JENNY!" I yelled louder

"I'm right here"she said quietly, stepping out behind lockers. I jumped and clutched my heart

"Jesus Jen" I smiled. "Why did you run away?"she looked at her feet

"No reason"

"Jen, you have the most beautiful voice I have ever heard. No joke"

Wow did I just say that? To someone who ISN'T my girlfriend? Oh shit.

She smiled up at me and I saw the faintest blush on her already rosy cheeks.

"Thankyou Brody. That means a lot"

I looked into her eyes and it warmed me up. By her facial expressions, the same thing was happening over there. "s'kay" I mumbled

Her lips parted and the sweet scent if her breath caressed my cheek and nose. She stepped closer and I realised how much shorter she was than me. I bent my head towards her and I could taste her breath on my tongue. Her eyes closed as she stood on her tippy toes.

I hesitated. What the fuck was I doing? Here is a very beautiful, very compassionate, very NOT MY GIRLFRIEND girl, ready to kiss me and here I am, a taken guy, going to kiss the very beautiful, very NOT MY GIRLFRIEND girl!

I looked at Jen and she still had her eyes closed and she was still leaning up to me.

God how I wanted to kiss those pink rosey lips of hers! Frankly, I would love to do a lot more than that but no. No. I have a girlfriend and even though she is a horrible bitch to everyone, she is a perfect girlfriend.

I kicked myself and mumbled some unintelligent apology, before running away, down the hall and outside, hopping in my car and speeding away.

Oh god how she must hate me. Good work Brody, broke another girl's heart.

Oh well, I thought. She is a year younger than me. She will get over it. Eventually.

:D