Unfortunate Misfortunes 5. My Unknown Talent

Chapter 5

The next morning was weird. School was even more weirder. After a morning of no "hello"s and no "J!"s I was confused. Allora didn't say a word. Cj didn't say a word (THANK GOD) and school was just plain odd. All the people that usually greeted me, didn't even look at me and all the people who ignored me on my first day greeted me and hugged me and invited me to parties...It. Was. Weird.

I trudged into music looking glum. It was raining outside and I was forced to pull my wet hair into a bun. Normally I always agreed that my hair was nice pulled back, but today, it was definitely the whole cliched- "Bad Hair Day".

Miss York was really excited about something which I failed to listen too. All she did was talk talk talk, and occasionally, flicked her hair out of her face. I have to admit, for a 30year old she was hot. She had long slender legs that were always crossed and long auburn hair. All the guys went nuts over her and she didn't even care.

"Jen, what do you think you will do?" she asked me

"say what?"i asked confused

She rolled her eyes "please listen Jennifer. I'm talking about the schools Talent View"she said the last part excitedly

"The what what?"

"The Talent View. Its where anyone can get up and do whatever and we have finals and then a grand final! Its so amazing!"

I laughed "Yeah right. I'm so not doing that"

"Oh but you are. Anyone who chose Music or Drama as an elective is in my default" she grinned wickedly at me and I gulped. Oh no. What the heck am I going to do? I can't do anything! I HAVE NO TALENT!

When the bell went, I was deep in thought I didn't even realise I had walked myself to the cafeteria..well more like the cafe...I found myself in my usual seat still thinking of what I could do when I felt someone's eyes on me. I looked up and met Brody's light green ones.

He smiled a small smile and I returned it. He was so nice to me, I wonder if he is like this to everyone else.. I haven't actually had any classes with him since he is a year above me but I had a feeling he was. He was just one of those guys that is super hot, and super nice at the same time. I remembered something from this morning

"Hey Brody, do you know why everyone is acting differently toward me? Did I do something?"

He laughed. "Yes and no"he said moving closer to me "Yes because all the people Allora is not associated with think your the devil, and no because all the people she IS associated with thinks you were awesome at the party..."i stared at him confused

"the devil?"i asked tilting my head slightly

"Well, if you haven't noticed, Allora has a billion girls chasing her every move and have been for years. Its your second day and you have already made into her group and been to a party of hers.."... "your a threat" he said a matter of factly.

"Uh huh...i wonder why she took me in..?"i said mainly to myself

"Your French"he shrugged

"French-canadian" I corrected

"French accent"

"Ohhhh"i said, being sarcastic. He chuckled warmly, leaning back into his chair.

"You don't even have a headband yet"he smirked. I shivered.

I looked down at my hands in my lap. That's why everyone who isn't in Alloras group of friends hates me? Because I skipped the whole "lap dog" thing and went straight into her clique? Huh.

I looked up to see Allora and Brittany coming our way. I wonder where Penny is today...

"Hey babe. J." she nodded at me

"Hey"Brody said giving her a kiss.

"Oh, J! I forgot. I have something for you, Penny has gone to get it. I would have sent a minor, but I don't want their grotty little hands on it." she laughed her musical laugh and perched herself on the chair next to Brody.

"Where are the guys?" Brittany asked looking around

We all shrugged and she groaned "i need to apologise to Nate for shagging that black guy.."she trailed off and I stared at her. She acted cooley "what?" she asked me

"Uh, nothing" I replied, looking away, but still holding my look of astonishment.

"I'm sure he's around"Allora said looking at her nails "He's probably fucking some girl to get you back"she whispered the last part

"WHAT!"Brittany screamed, darting out of the cafeteria

I looked at Allora and she looked innocent. "What, she's annoying"i glanced at Brody and he was bewildered too

"Allora, that was harsh. Nate would never do that!"he jumped up and left to get a coffee.

I so did not just watch his ass..oh shoot.

The thoughts of the Talent View came back and I groaned softly

"What"Allora said. Stupid super sonic hearing of hers!

"I have to go in the Talent View"

She stopped "That's SOCIAL SUICIDE!"she screeched. I cringed

"I have to!"she looked at me like I was an idiot

"Only if you do Music or Drama!"i rolled my eyes waiting for her to figure it out..somewhere in that brain of hers, it clicked "OH MY GOD! YOU DO MUSIC?!"i nodded "WHY!?" I shrugged "UGH!" she flopped back down and I relaxed

"Besides, I won't be doing it, I have no talent"i looked at my hands again

"Well, my brother doesn't think so" she said quietly

I jumped, giddy. "What? What did you just say?"

She stared at me funny "I said, my brother thinks your talented. Told me you can sing and play the guitar"she stuck her finger in her mouth... the universal signal for vomiting.

"He did? Huh."i wondered if thats what I could do..sing and play? Well there is nothing else I guess...

I stood up and mumbled something to Allora who probably wasn't listening and went to the music room. I found Miss York talking to Mr Re the incredibly hot Maths Teacher. Oh my god , maybe there is something..? I cringed at the thought and knocked on the door. They both jumped and Mr Re looked at me pissed. Oops..

Miss York opened the door and smiled at me "Yes Jennifer?"

"Hi Miss York, sorry to bother you but I have found something I can do for the Talent View.."i gushed "I'm going to sing and play the guitar! I'll tell you later what the song is. But yeah, okay?"

She smiled again "Sure. Sounds great! I have to go"she blushed and looked at the floor

"OH! Sorry, bye!"she shut the door and I turned around and walked off. I'm glad I found my talent... but something popped into my head. Cj told Allora I could sing and play? Odd.