46 For Their Lives

A/N Only a few more chapters!
Also I entered this story in the Wattys2017 just to see what happens! You should enter too!

~

Holding a tray of brownies that I baked an hour ago, I knock on Eliza's door. Brownies always fix things.

Eliza opens the door, her jaw set. "I don't want to see you, Addy."

"I brought you brownies though."

She crosses her arms and the aggressive stance starts to set me off. The full moon is only two days away. I need her help to lock me up. With the guys in Canada, there's no one to show Hanna how to properly do it.

"Come back when you're actually prepared to accept that my feelings for Xavier mean something."

"I do accept that."

"You don't act like they do."

I push the tray forward. "Please, I need your help on the full moon. The whole pack is out of town and they don't know if they'll be back in time."

"According to you, none of that is my concern." She slams the door and I hear her lock it.

My body trembles, and my grip on the glass tray tightens. After all I did for her.

The glass shatters, cutting into my hands. My body shakes more, threatening to shift. I toss the remains of the tray away and climb into my parents car, not sure how I'm going to drive with my palms cut up and bleeding.

******

I wake up with a terrible headache and to an eerie silence. I dress before heading to the kitchen for a quick breakfast. I want to get to Xavier's early. That goal falls away when I see the clock on the stove.

2:16

"Mom?" I call. No answer. "Dad?" I head to their room and find an unmade bed. I run back to my room and grab my cellphone and dial my dad's number. He doesn't pick up. Neither does my mom.

Feeling antsy I head to the front door and look out through the window. There's no car in the driveway. I have no way to get to Xavier's. If I shift, I lose control.

Don't freak out yet. My parents could be back any minute. Jasper could even get back today. If not, there are always the chains Travis set up.

I call Eliza but she sends me to voicemail.

"Eliza, I know you're mad but I'm freaking out. It's the full moon and I don't know where my parents are. I have no way to get to Xavier's. Please." I hit end and head to the basement. Stay clam. Stay calm.

I push aside the freezer and pick up the chains. I can't put this on myself. It's not designed for someone to be able to lock themselves in.

My phone rings and I don't bother looking at the caller ID. "Hello?"

"Addison." Jasper.

"Jasper, I'm freaking out. When will you be back?"

"What's wrong?"

"Just answer the question."

He sighs. "I thought we could make it back today but I don't think we will."

My heart sinks. "No. No. No. No. You have to get back. I don't know where my parents are. I don't have a car to get to Xavier's house, and Eliza sent me straight to voicemail. The only person left for me to call is Hanna, and she doesn't know how to lock me in."

Jasper curses.

I hear a scuffle and arguing and Hunter's voice comes over my phone. "You aren't getting Hanna involved in this."