The Inevitable

I missed Thursday again 😅 Here you go

Damon rang Bonnie on his phone as he was driving as fast as he could. "Come on, Bonnie." Damon stated as her phone rang six times before she picked up and I furrowed my eyebrows as I heard her sniffling. "Bonnie, hey." Damon stated before silence came and he sighed. "Bonnie!" Damon said loudly before Bonnie erupted into sobs and I widened my eyes and grabbed the phone, taking it off of speaker.

"Bonnie? Hey, what's wrong?" I asked gently and worriedly. "Is Elena still alive?" I asked confused and Bonnie became silent and I slowly shook my head. "Bonnie, talk to me-" I started before she cut me off.

"She's okay." Bonnie stated roughly and Damon furrowed his eyebrows at me. "Elena's okay." Bonnie whispered and I slowly shook my head.

"Well, those aren't tears of joy, Bon. What is wrong?" Damon asked grabbing the phone before he put it on speaker again and I slowly shook my head as she went silent.

"What did Stefan do?" I asked and Damon furrowed his eyebrows at me confused.

"He's gone." Bonnie whispered through the phone as she sobbed. "Enzo's gone." She added and I furrowed my eyebrows and slowly shook my head.

"What?" Damon asked looking between me and back at the phone in his hand.

"He's dead." Bonnie stated and I froze. "Your brother killed him." Bonnie emotionlessly added and Damon took a deep breath.

"Listen to me, Bonnie, we're on our way, okay?" Damon asked and Bonnie scoffed and sniffles through the phone.

"No! Stay away. Stay away from me." Bonnie stated angrily and I grabbed the phone from Damon.

"No. Not until we know that you're safe." I replied shaking my head at her. "We'll deal with Stefan." I added as Damon clutched the steering wheel tightly and his knuckles turned white before Bonnie let out a small chuckle.

"I already did." Bonnie replied and I furrowed my eyebrows as Damon looked at me.

"What do you mean?" Damon asked turning back towards the road.

"I gave him the cure. He's human now." Bonnie stated and I slowly shook my head as Damon and I looked at each other with worry on our faces.
~~~~

I walked into the living-room and saw Damon standing in front of the fire place with a glass in his hand that used to be full of bourbon before he crushed it and glass pierced his skin. I vamped towards him as he let the remaining pieces fall to the floor and I sighed down at his wound that was already healing. "Damon." I whispered looking at him before shaking my head as he didn't look at me. I started taking the small pierces of glass out of his hand before his phone rang and he grabbed it with his other hand and answered.

"He hasn't come back." Damon stated emotionless and looked at me as I cleaned his hand.

"That's because he's on his way to Rockland County Police Department. He's been arrested." Caroline stated on the other side and I furrowed my eyebrows.

"Okay, that's good." Damon replied and I sighed at him and kissed his palm gently after I got the glass out and it healed properly.

"In what world is that good?" Caroline asked annoyed on the other side of the phone.

"One where Stefan's human. His emotions are back. The memories of every drop of blood he's ever spilled are going to be doing a square dance in his head. It's best he's not alone right now." Damon stated and looked at me before he slowly sighed. "I'll meet you there." Damon added before I grabbed the phone from him.