Near but Far

Happy Thursday 😊

A knock came from the Boarding House door before I vamped down the stairs as Caroline opened the door revealing Bonnie. "Bonjour." Bonnie stated happily with things in her hand and Caroline screamed happily throwing her hands in the air.

"Ugh! You're here!" Caroline said hugging her before Bonnie came inside and I hugged her also. "How was Paris, how is Enzo-tell me you ate all the cheese." Caroline stated grabbing the zipped up bag that was probably a dress, from Bonnie as I shut the door.

"And drank all the wine. And bought all of the gifts." Bonnie added walking into the parlor as Caroline put the dress on a chair about to unzip the bag holding it. "But don't open it now-save it for Stefan. The gift is kind of wedding themed." Bonnie added nodding and I folded my arms over my chest as they eyed each other.

"Thank you. That, is so beautiful." Caroline replied looking at Bonnie's necklace on her chest.

"Thank you. Enzo gave it to me on our last night in Paris." Bonnie said smiling and Caroline and I swooned and laughed happily. "Yeah.. it's filled with blood. Enzo's." Bonnie added and I eyed the huge necklace closely.

"That's-" I started before Bonnie cut me off.

"Morbid? Charming? 'A mere symbol of eternity with you, love'?" Bonnie quoted Enzo laughing and I rose my eyebrow at her.

"That seems like one very specific symbol." I said and Bonnie furrowed her eyebrows at me as she put her bags down. "Are you sure that's what it is?" I added shaking my head.

"You don't wanna-" Caroline started shocked before Bonnie cut her off quickly.

"Don't worry, I'm not-" Bonnie cut herself off with a small laugh. "I'm not turning into a vampire anytime soon." She added shaking her head with a smile.

"Yeah, or ever, right?" Caroline asked and I rose my eyebrow at her as did Bonnie. "I mean, according to the Bonnie Bennett that I've always known." Caroline added before her phone started ringing in the table next to Bonnie who eyed it furrowing her eyebrows.

"Why would psycho siren nanny be calling you?" Bonnie asked looking back at Caroline.

"She and her sister are fighting." Caroline replied grabbing her phone from the table.

"And we care because?" Bonnie asked tilting her head curiously before Caroline answered the phone.

"What do you want?" Caroline asked emotionless over the phone.
~~~~

"My sister's on a warpath." Silene stated from across Bonnie, Caroline and I as we sat in the Grill. "The artifact that she is trying to assemble has the power to kill her. That's why she's after all three pieces of the bell. Lucky for you, I already stole the biggest part of it." Silene added and I rose my eyebrow at Caroline.

"Did you want a congrats in person? I mean, we're due at an event." Caroline stated in annoyance at her.

"You have something I need." Silene replied worriedly. "I have something you need. I have the bell. You have the tuning fork and together we're like chocolate and peanut butter." She added and I narrowed my eyes at her.

"Or peanut butter and garbage." I replied scoffing and Bonnie stifled a laugh next to me.

"Hey, I am trying to make amends. I could've just as easily called Damon." Silene stated and I furrowed my eyebrows at her. "He has the third price of the bell. The striker." Silene whispered and Bonnie looked at her.