Mother Dearest

I sighed opening my eyes to see Damon above me, smiling a bit. "Rise and shine." Damon said quietly and I rolled over, groaning.

"But I'm tired." I whined, not wanting to get out of bed.

"Well, get up. Stefan's cooking and I wanna know what." Damon pointed out and I turned back over towards him.

"Why don't you just go downstairs by yourself?" I countered, raising my eyebrow and he rolled his eyes.

"Because I still feel crappy about what I said yesterday. I just think that if you go down there with me, it will make me feel like I did something right." Damon stated in amusement and I eyed him for a minute, debating what to do. After a second, I rolled my eyes and got out of the sheets before I pointed towards Freya who was looking at us from her crib.

"Change and dress her. I'll be out in a minute." I reassured before walking towards the bathroom, kissing Freya on the head on my way.
~~~

"Is that cornbread I smell?" Damon asked in excitement as we walked into the living room and Stefan turned towards us.

"We're hosting thanksgiving." Stefan pointed out pouring bourbon and I rose my eyebrow at him, setting Freya down by her toys on the floor.

"Thanksgiving's tomorrow." I countered, slightly confused.

"Well, Pre-thanksgiving. Whatever." Stefan replied sighing and I furrowed my eyebrows looking at Damon.

"Whatever happened to taking out Julian? Remember him? Killed what could have been your first born?" Damon asked eyeing his brother and I narrowed my eyes at him warningly. "You know, I cleared out my entire schedule so we could make him count worms. Unless you're too busy baking." He added in annoyance and I scoffed shaking my head at him.

"Julian knows that Stefan wants him dead." I stated coming in between the two brothers before anything could get started. "Our next move has to be smart. We're probably only gonna have one more shot at this." I warned and Stefan nodded in agreement.

"Not quite following the whole Martha Stewart strategy, to be honest." Damon added, not taking his eyes off of Stefan.

"I'm planning on recruiting an ally." Stefan replied smirking before the doorbell rang and I furrowed my eyebrows before the three of us walked towards the door as Stefan opened it and I furrowed my eyebrows as Lily stood there, smiling at us.

"I brought cranberries." Lily stated holding up a cookie sheet full of them towards us before she walked in. Stefan shut the door behind her before turning towards us, raising his eyebrow and smiling at her as Damon scoffed. We sighed in defeat, walking into the living room where Lily was sat in a chair and Stefan sighed standing in front of her as I sat on the couch, watching Freya who remained on the floor.

"I invited you over here because we can't keep doing this. I-I mean I want us all to start over." Stefan reassured, sitting on the coffee table two inches in front of her.

"Well, if the pilgrims and Indians could do it, I'm sure there's hope for us." Lily replied, smiling at the three of us brightly.

"We call them Native Americans now but we didn't bring you here to encourage your out-of-date slurs. Did we, Stefan?" Damon asked emotionlessly and I sighed at him.

"I want to convince you of all the reasons you need to help us get rid of Julian." Stefan stated tilting his head at Lily and she sat there frozen for a moment, registering what he had just said.

"I'm sorry, is this some kind of set-up?" Lily asked confused as she glanced between the brothers carefully.

"Just—hear me out for a second." Stefan sighed and Damon sat forwards, in the chair he was in. "In 1863, I got Valerie pregnant." He stated and Lily's eyes widened as she looked at him. "She kept it a secret from me, from you.. And everyone. Julian found out somehow and when he did, he felt threatened by it and he—" Stefan cut himself off and looked down sighing. "He beat her until the baby was no longer alive. Her child—Your grandchild, was murdered by Julian." Stefan finished and Lily looked taken aback at the story. "She swore me to secrecy but the truth is too important. You need to know what kind of man he is." Stefan added shaking his head.