The Arabian desert- FeastOfNoise

In order to protect her daughter and prevent scandal and disgrace, Fadia disguises her only child, Maria, as a boy when Zane, the arrogant, enigmatic and demonically handsome rogue attacks their town and claims it as his after murdering the Sheikh, in search of its riches and treasures and a secret goal precious to his dark heart.

It is no ordinary town, for it lies right on the Silk Route, the route merchants and travellers used to cross the Arabian Desert since ancient times in order to reach Egypt and Europe. Famed for its legendary location, treasures and irresistible, beautiful women, travellers and merchants from all over the world sought it out and whispered of its magnificence. Laying new rules, Zane demands that the town's virgins be given to him to serve and pleasure him, the price the town pays for keeping its trade going along with giving over half its profits and earnings.

To innocent Maria, it's either stay hidden or risk being caught and taken by Zane, a traitorous, conniving demon in her eyes. Fleeing and alerting the Sultan to Zane's notorious crimes is not an option, for the walls that encase the town and act like a giant cage guarded by Zane's men keep the town's people from freedom -a freedom most the town's people no longer seek once Zane's temptations corrupt their hearts and souls. But not Maria.

What happens when Maria accidently –and literally- bumps into Zane, revealing dark, long wavy hair and her long-hidden face?

The answer is simple: Trouble.

<3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3 <3  8/10

This story is different and original, that's what pulled me in, and I LOVE where it is going so far! I don't understand Zane very well but perhaps we will get to know him better...   ; )  Maria seems really stubborn, beautiful, clever and did I say beautiful, a bit like me really...kidding! anyway a very good book! I HOPE THEY KEEP UPDATING! xx

-Ally xx