Chapter 19

||Lacey Matthews||

The silence in the room is deafening as we all stare at Gwen, our jaws completely slack and our eyes wide. I mean, holy shit, she's having a baby. She's pregnant. Oh, my God. And here I thought I'd be the first mum of the group. 

"Jesus, Gwen," Brandon says, approaching her slowly, leading her over to the couch. Will quickly stands up, giving her somewhere to sit. Hanna puts a comforting hand on Gwen's shoulder. 

I look at Will, my eyebrows furrowed. There is no way he's the dad. They haven't slept together in months, and if they had, we'd know about it. She never keeps anything from us. I'll be pretty pissed if he is the dad, to be honest. She would be carrying the spawn fo satan. 

"Who's the dad, Gwen?" Hanna asks, and everyone goes silent, waiting to hear the name of the person that knocked her up. 

After a few minutes of silent, a familiar voice says, "I am." 

We all turn our heads to look at Christian as he stands by the couch, running his fingers through his hair. "She's carrying my baby," Christian mumbles, glancing at Gwen who looked as if she was about to crumble into pieces of shame.  

"What the fuck?" I snap, looking at him, and then at Gwen. "Please, please tell me this is some sort of sick fucking joke. Seriously, guys, this isn't funny. You better not have fucking cameras hidden in my lamp shade. I swear if this ends up on 'You've Been Framed', I'll gut you and frame your organs!" 

I stand up from the couch, and Gavin stands with me, putting his hand on my shoulder, pulling me to sit back down with him. "Take a breath, Lace," He mutters into my ear, gently rubbing my shoulder, which calms me down a little. 

"She's right," Hanna says, looking at Gwen. "Gwen, have you lost your fucking mind? I mean, come on! It's Christian! Our Christian! Fuckboy Christian! Fucked-a-chick-in-our-bed Christian!"

Christian scoffs, running his fingers through his hair. "Nice, Hanna. Thanks a lot. Don't you think we have bigger problems? Oh, you know, like Gwen and I's child?" 

I look at Christian, and then back at Gwen. "That's why you were so pissed about him sleeping with another girl. Not the fact that it was on your bed... But the fact that it wasn't you." 

"Jesus, Lace, that's a nice way to put it," Gwen grunts, rubbing her face tiredly. "Look, it was a mistake," she sighs. "We were drunk. It happened like, forever ago. Shit, I don't even remember when it happened I was that drunk."

This whole time, Will hasn't said a thing. He's standing beside Brandon by the couch that Hanna and Gwen are sitting on, his face pale. I feel bad for him. He clearly came here with the intentions of winning her back, just to find out she's pregnant with his best friend's baby. 

"You okay, man?" Gavin asks, causing everyone to look over at Will. I glance at Christian, who looks a little guilty as he looks at his best friend. 

"Yeah," Will mutters. "I just need some air," he says, walking out of the living room and right out the front door, slamming it behind him. 

I sigh softly, running my fingers through my blonde locks as Gavin's arm wraps around my shoulder, pulling me into his side, giving my shoulder a comforting squeeze. I place my hand over his hand as it rests on my shoulder, and I look up at him, giving him a small, thankful smile. He smiles back, nodding. 

"So, what are you guys going to do?" Brandon asks, leaning against the couch behind Hanna, looking down at Gwen as Christian approaches her. 

The two look at each other, and Christian gives her a small smile. "Well, she's carrying a mini me, so I'm hoping we can talk things out and try to make this work," he says, scratching the back of his neck. He holds out his hand for her to take it, and she does, letting him pull her to her feet. He leads her out of the living room, and I'm assuming to his room to 'talk' things out. 

I lean my head back against Gavin's arm, letting out a deep breath. "Wow," I breathe. "Everything has been so crazy recently. It's hard to think about classes tomorrow," I mumble, shaking my head a little. 

Brandon sits beside Hanna, letting out a sigh. "Fucking hell," he laughs. "I leave you guys for a few years and everything turns to shit," he jokes, and we all laugh along with him. 

"Things sure have been crazy around here," Gavin mumbles into my ear, and I nod my head. "So, how about we take a few things back to normal and I take you out this Friday?" He suggests, and my eyebrows a little. 

"Like, a date?" I ask, quietly, not wanting Hanna and Brandon to hear us talking. 

"Exactly like a date," he chuckles, looking down at me as I look up at him. 

"Okay," I nod, smiling. "Then it's a date."