Chapter 5

||Lacey Matthews||

So many things are running through my mind right now. And when I say 'so many things', I really mean that there's so many things about the same subject running through my mind. Absolutely nothing, and I mean nothing, but Gavin is running through my mind right now. 

"Why is he still here?" I ask, letting out a huff as I glance over my shoulder at Gavin, Christian and Will. They seem to be having a nice little conversation, and I can tell it's bugging Gwen and Hanna just as much as it's bugging me. 

Gwen rolls her eyes, shrugging her shoulders. "I have no idea. What even gave Will the right to show up? I mean, the look on his face clearly states that he knew we were going to be here. Plus, he has some nerve to bring that blonde bimbo with him!" 

I let out a sigh, shaking my head as I lean against the bar. "I'm surprised Will even knew where we would be. I mean, none of us have spoken to him, right?" I question, my eyebrows furrowing curiously. 

There's a short silence between the three of us, and then Hanna stands up from her seat, my lips twisted into a scowl. "Christian," she growls. "He had something to do with this. I know it for a fact." 

The three of us look between each other, and I let out another deep sigh. "You know what? Lets just leave. Christian can enjoy his little reunion all he wants, but I really did not want to see Gavin or Will on my birthday." 

Gwen nods in agreement. "Good idea," she says. "Lets go." 

In order for us to actually leave, we have to walk by the three guys we clearly don't want any contact with by this point. I mean, Christian lives with me, but that doesn't mean I have to speak to him. Over the years, I've become pretty good at ignoring him when I need to. 

"Hey!" Christian calls as we slide passed the booth the three of them are sitting at. "Where are you three going?" He questions, frowning as he slides out of the booth. Gavin stays staring at his drink, and Will glances up at Gwen, who just glares back at him, rolling her eyes as they flicker to his date for a short second. 

Hanna scoffs. "We're leaving. Have fun catching up with those douchebags." She says, rolling her eyes as she walks around him, gesturing for Gwen and I to follow. We do just that, ignoring Christian's weird looks and the stares coming from Gavin and Will. 

"His date looks like something my grandma's dog chewed and then spit out," Gwen mumbles. She's clearly still bitter about the breakup, and I honestly don't blame her. Will cheated within two months of them being at college, and he claims he was drunk, but Gwen just wasn't taking that as a valid excuse. 

I shake my head, laughing softly under my breath as we all pile into my car. "Don't worry about it, G. You're a lot prettier than her." I say, looking back at her with a small smile as she sits in the back seat of the car by herself. 

"Yeah, I agree." Hanna says, shrugging her shoulders as she pulls out of the parking space we were in. "Was that the girl he cheated with?" She continues on to ask, glancing over at me with a hint of curiosity in her eyes. 

I twist my body to look back at Gwen, and she nods her head in response to Hanna's question, frowning slightly. I reach my hand out, placing it on her knee and giving her a reassuring smile. "He's an ass," I say. "You can do so much better." 

The rest of the drive back to my apartment is silent, and once we're all inside, I flop down onto the couch. "As you know, there's alcohol in the fridge, so go crazy." I chuckle, kicking my heels off and laying down on the couch as my two best friends immediately wander into the kitchen. 

A few minutes later, Gwen walks into the living room with a few bottles of beer, a bottle of vodka, and three shot glasses. "If this birthday is going to suck, then it might as well suck while we're wasted." She chuckles, handing me a beer. 

Well,  she has a point there, I think to myself

"Cheers!" Hanna shouts, knocking her glass against mine and Gwen's, a laugh escaping her lips afterwards. 

By the time this night is over, I hope to God that I wake up not remembering anything.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

And here is another update! A very, very late update!

You know, I don't even have an excuse as to why I haven't been updating, I just haven't gotten too into this sequel yet. I'm much more into the new books I'm currently writing. 

Anyway, I'm still going to continue on with this, and if it sucks, oh well. I hope my new books to come will make up for how shitty this and Tutor Girl is. 

Vote, comment, or whatever. 

Hope you enjoyed this chapter!

Plus, there's a cute little gif of Hanna who is played by Michelle Trachtenberg. She was definitely one of my favourite characters in 'Buffy the Vampire Slayer'.

Kisses,

Mel.