Chapter 4

Well, it's the first of March tomorrow, and I haven't updated in so long. 

Right, so, let's just come to the agreement that I suck and move on, yeah?

Awesome! Enjoy this new chapter, my lovelies.

Kisses,

Mel.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - 

||Lacey Matthews||

I twist my body round slightly, coming face to face with the devil himself. 

Okay, maybe that was a little drastic.

"Gavin," I mumble. "What the hell are you doing here?" I snap, not even bothering to play the whole 'it's so good to see you' card. Because, truthfully, I was hoping I'd never see him again after he picked up and left with no explanation. 

His eyes go wide, and he glances around helplessly. "Uh, Happy Birthday?" He chokes out, giving me a sheepish smile. 

Before I even get the chance to reply, Will approaches us, his arm draped around a pretty blonde. My heart breaks for Gwen. 

"Lacey!" Will greets me happily. "Happy Birthday," he chuckles, gesturing towards Gavin. "How do you like the present I got you?" 

By this point, Christian is downing his drink, Gwen looks like she's crumbling, Hanna is about ready to rip Will and his date's head off, and Gavin and I are staring at each other. 

I open my mouth to say something, but Hanna jumps up. I take one look at her and I know she is fuming. Smoke may as well be coming out of her damn ears.

"What the fuck do you think you're doing, Will?" She seethes, her blue eyes turning a slight shade of grey. "What makes you think that you have the right to ruin Lacey's birthday like this? I mean, come on! What made you think she'd want to see Gavin after all these years?" She scoffs, shooting Gavin a not so subtle glare. "Not to mention the fake ass blonde clinging to your arm. Is she the one you fucked behind Gwen's back?" She snaps, absolutely livid by this point. 

All of our eyes are on her. Will's jaw goes slack, and he stares at her in complete shock. His gaze averts from Hanna and down to Gwen, who was sunk down in her seat, chewing on her lip as if she was going to break down into sobs. Something flashes through his eyes. Regret. Guilt.

Way to go, Hanna. That's my girl.

"Alright, well, I think I need a drink," I mutter. "More like fifty, but one should do for now." I say, sliding out from the booth. I gesture for Gwen and Hanna to follow, knowing the boys would want to shout at each other for this without us around. 

I wait for Hanna and Gwen before turning to walk towards the bar, but I freeze when I feel someone's hand on my forearm. I turn my head slightly, catching a glimpse of Gavin. His eyes are pleading for me to stay and talk to him, but I don't. I shake his hand off, spinning around on my heel and walking away. 

If he wants any type of contact with me, he's going to have to work for it.